topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:58 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Adobe does it again with a revised 'boot' policy - kick customer in teeth.  (Read 2893 times)

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Apart from the fiasco with 2.9 million compromised accounts...

Adobe has the following offer:

Since introducing Photoshop CC, we’ve listened to feedback from a spectrum of our customers, from advanced professionals to casual enthusiasts. One common request was a solution specifically tailored for photographers. We listened, and at Photoshop World we’re announcing a special offer for our loyal Photoshop customers. Beginning today, customers who own Photoshop CS3 or higher are eligible for a special Creative Cloud membership offer that includes all of the following for just $9.99/month

At the moment I have the full Adobe Creative Suite 6, which includes Photoshop and doesn't come cheap.
Even so, I thought I might take up this offer.
However, when I spoke to an Adobe sales rep. I discovered this. The offer is limited to those who have only the stand-alone Photoshop, not the full Creative Suite.
So, if you spent a few hundred on Photoshop alone, you're in. If you spent a few thousand on the whole suite, too bad, so sad.

I can't say that words fail me but those that spring to mind cannot be used here  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I guess they figured if you were too cheap to up for the whole suite, then you aren't gonna jump on the whole Creative Cloud suite anyway, and this is a chance for another revenue stream.

(If you really want to take advantage of their kind offer, I'll send you my CS3 key. Anything I need to do can be done in CS2 or in something else, and I haven't even fired it up for a few months now.)
vi vi vi - editor of the beast

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
That's a very generous offer x16wda thank you for making it.
I think keys are tied to Adobe ID's though.