topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:49 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Microsoft ending TechNet subscription activations effective august 2013  (Read 18081 times)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
If MS cracks down harder it'll be rats off a sinking ship time for sure.

I'd liken it more to: The eagles take flight, leaving the ship - with it's unfortunate complement of rats and domestic animals - to face their tragic fate.

sinking.pngMicrosoft ending TechNet subscription activations effective august 2013

Ah...poetry!  :-* And before my first cup of coffee no less. It's gonna be a good day! :Thmbsup:

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
I'd liken it more to: The eagles take flight, leaving the ship - with it's unfortunate complement of rats and domestic animals - to face their tragic fate.

I rather like that! :D

Actually, it reminds me of Ben Franklin's take on the eagle, but lets not sully the moment. :D

:Thmbsup:
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Well, sooner or later, unless they start reversing course like they did for the XBone, they're going to start seeing more and more of this as others take advantage of their arrogance...

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Microsoft ending TechNet subscription activations effective august 2013
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 08:16 PM »
Ooh, look. Finally they have come to their senses. Yay.

We have extended your TechNet Subscription for an additional 90 days.

On July 1, 2013, Microsoft announced the retirement of the TechNet Subscriptions program. Since then, we've been listening to your feedback on how we can better support the IT professional community through this transition.

Additional Information:
More background on Microsoft's decision to retire the TechNet Subscription service and the implications for current subscribers is available on the TechNet Subscriptions FAQ.

Two of the most common pieces of feedback we heard are that you need more time to prepare for this change, and ongoing access to prior versions of Microsoft software. As a result, we're announcing the following updates:
•Eligible subscribers with active accounts as of September 1, 2013 will receive a free, one-time, 90 day subscription extension. You can continue to access your product downloads, use your professional support calls*, and get priority support in TechNet Forums through your updated expiration date, which you can find on the My Account page of the TechNet Subscriptions benefits portal.

•As TechNet Subscriptions customers begin to transition to the free evaluation resources Microsoft provides, we're improving the TechNet Evaluation Center by making prior versions of products available for trial. Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, and others are available now. We will add additional products over time.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue to invest in free evaluation, learning, and support resources to meet your business needs and career goals.

- TechNet Subscriptions Team

* The professional support calls benefit is only available to TechNet Subscription Professional subscribers.

Microsoft respects your privacy. Review our online Privacy Statement.

Microsoft Corporation
 One Microsoft Way
 Redmond, WA, USA 98052
vi vi vi - editor of the beast