topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:05 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: File is not started using the standard programm  (Read 2997 times)

MarWestermann

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
File is not started using the standard programm
« on: April 16, 2013, 09:06 AM »
Hi,

I have the following problem with FARR. I have files of type *.apl and *.app If I run one of that files it uses the wrong program to open it. In windows the standard programm is TeamDeveloper 6.1. So if I doubleclick the file in windows explorer it uses Teamdeveloper 6.1 to open the file. If I run it by entering abc.apl to farr it uses an old TeamDeveloper 4.1 version.

I already checked if I can find any regex in alias that would explain that, but I cannot find one. I have this behaviour since I added an alias td4 which just runs the teamdeveloper 4 exe with $$1 as param (there is nothing entered in some of the other fields) also I have an alias for the team developer 6 exe with $$1 as param. So if I run the file this way:

abc.apl +td61 it opens the file in the right version. But why doesn't it use the standard windows version if I run it just by abc.apl?

regards, Marco

skajfes

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: File is not started using the standard programm
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 04:53 PM »
Have you tried toggling the Launch method in Settings -> Launching files?
Sometimes when FARR acts strangely like this I change the Launch method setting and it works. Although I haven't had such problems in a long time.
It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

MarWestermann

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: File is not started using the standard programm
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 01:58 AM »
Hi,
thank you for the suggestion. That did the trick! Now everything works as expected.

regards, Marco