topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:28 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: NANY 2013 Release: Customizable Remote Administration Panel (CRAP)  (Read 76844 times)

hamradio

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Amateur Radio Guy
    • View Profile
    • HamRadioUSA.net
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2013 Release: Customizable Remote Administration Panel (CRAP)
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2020, 09:12 AM »
Custom Remote Administration Panel v2.0.0 build 20 has been released.

Please check first post for download link.  New version has everything CRAP v2.0.0 build 1 public beta had along with a few additions/fixes.

Additions:

1. <sysroot> for image files to help with icon exe/dll/cpl paths from the system directory.
2. Right click menu for image file with the "..." button to quickly choose a system icon file to choose an icon from.
3. A toggle checkerboard background in the exe/dll/cpl icon picker dialog to help tell icons that could be hidden because of same solid color of the background color of the icon list. (e.g shell32.dll icon 310, 311, 317, and 318 are a few I noticed.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 09:18 AM by hamradio »

oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2020, 11:39 AM »
Can't think how I never noticed this before.

I've been after something that can do exactly what this does for ages. Specifically, since I noticed that I couldn't find a way to make runas work in other tools I use.

My first impression was slight confusion -- I think you have to have read the initial request and at least some of that background, and I found some of the screenshots helpful and illuminating too. Probably fullblown documentation is unnecessary but maybe a couple of lines of text with a brief description of what each of the fields is typically going to be used for, and a couple of complete examples maybe:

For instance, if I want a button that runs Active Directory Users and Computers as a user with admin privileges from an account without them, you might have:

Image file: <sysroot>System32\mmc.exe;0

Command prefix: runas /user:domain\superuser "<sysroot>System32\mmc.exe dsa.msc"

Button caption: something like "AD Users"

and Button tooltip: "Active Directory Users and Computers"

and "Ignore variable text" checked as this one's probably gonna have to be run locally

along with a little bit of explanation that, at least for its intended purpose, the variable's going to be the remote machine you're aiming the command at rather than anything else, everything would have fallen into place fairly quickly.

If I had a suggestion for a possible improvement: a checkbox that will assume the use of runas and a little bit of program allowing a username and password to be stored and easily amended with a view to adding them to the runas command in the appropriate place without displaying it in cleartext, that'd be rather lovely. :)

But in general: wonderful! Thanks!   :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
-- bests, Tim

...this space unintentionally left blank.

hamradio

• Joined in 2006
  • Amateur Radio Guy
    • View Profile
    • HamRadioUSA.net
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2020, 12:37 PM »
Can't think how I never noticed this before.

I've been after something that can do exactly what this does for ages. Specifically, since I noticed that I couldn't find a way to make runas work in other tools I use.

My first impression was slight confusion -- I think you have to have read the initial request and at least some of that background, and I found some of the screenshots helpful and illuminating too. Probably fullblown documentation is unnecessary but maybe a couple of lines of text with a brief description of what each of the fields is typically going to be used for, and a couple of complete examples maybe:

For instance, if I want a button that runs Active Directory Users and Computers as a user with admin privileges from an account without them, you might have:

Image file: <sysroot>System32\mmc.exe;0

Command prefix: runas /user:domain\superuser "<sysroot>System32\mmc.exe dsa.msc"

Button caption: something like "AD Users"

and Button tooltip: "Active Directory Users and Computers"

and "Ignore variable text" checked as this one's probably gonna have to be run locally

along with a little bit of explanation that, at least for its intended purpose, the variable's going to be the remote machine you're aiming the command at rather than anything else, everything would have fallen into place fairly quickly.

If I had a suggestion for a possible improvement: a checkbox that will assume the use of runas and a little bit of program allowing a username and password to be stored and easily amended with a view to adding them to the runas command in the appropriate place without displaying it in cleartext, that'd be rather lovely. :)

But in general: wonderful! Thanks!   :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

You're welcome!

Yeah I know still got to get to the documentation at some point since I have added more stuff over what it use to be.

Will think on the suggestion as well.

hamradio

• Joined in 2006
  • Amateur Radio Guy
    • View Profile
    • HamRadioUSA.net
    • Donate to Member
Version 2.0.6 build 1 of Customizable Remote Administration Panel has been released.

New Features

• A first run welcome dialog asking for a new layout file name.
  • A layout not found dialog upon run with option to create a new layout file name or skip to select one from the layout management menu if one already exists in the layout folder.
  • Favorite system which should be seamless transfer to the new system keeping your favorites intact, but allows for them to have a title for the combo box instead of just the variable text.
  • Favorites xml file is now part of the simple backup system.
  • Delete from the layout management menu with a certain key+click combo on the layout item of a non opened layout.
  • Now includes a help file. Thanks goes out to Tim Parsons for the writing of it in which allowed me to easily create the CHM version.

Fixed Bugs/Optimizations/Changes

• A bug with some layout button editor buttons being enabled when they should not have been has been fixed.
  • Optimized the history of variables to where the last used history entry should now be moved to the top of the history list.
  • Reworked the right click/shift+enter/down arrow key of the browse button "..." of the image file in add/edit dialog.
  • Other minor optimizations/improvements.

See first post for the download link.

ConstanceJill

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
These are some nice improvements. Thanks!  :Thmbsup:

However, I don't quite understand this:
  • Delete from the layout management menu with a certain key+click combo on the layout item of a non opened layout.
Can you elaborate?

hamradio

• Joined in 2006
  • Amateur Radio Guy
    • View Profile
    • HamRadioUSA.net
    • Donate to Member
These are some nice improvements. Thanks!  :Thmbsup:

However, I don't quite understand this:
Can you elaborate?
-ConstanceJill (June 24, 2020, 11:11 AM)

It is possible to delete from the layout management menu (as in deleting the file from hard drive and then removing from the menu) other non opened layouts with Ctrl+Left Click.

ConstanceJill

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
OK !

BTW I just noticed this: I usually keep my CRAP window at the bottom right corner of my desktop, right above the taskbar. When it's there, if I mouse over the Layout Management button, the tooltip keeps flashing. Same if I mouse over the name of my current (and only) layout.
Doesn't happen if I move the window a little away from the desktop's corner.

Running Windows 10 x64 v1909, I don't have access to another OS to test it on right now.

oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
(Flashing tooltip)

Running Windows 10 x64 v1909, I don't have access to another OS to test it on right now.
-ConstanceJill (June 25, 2020, 05:45 AM)
Confirmed for Windows 10 x64 v1809 too, but doesn't happen on my Windows 7 laptop.
-- bests, Tim

...this space unintentionally left blank.

hamradio

• Joined in 2006
  • Amateur Radio Guy
    • View Profile
    • HamRadioUSA.net
    • Donate to Member
(Flashing tooltip)

-ConstanceJill (June 25, 2020, 05:45 AM)
Confirmed for Windows 10 x64 v1809 too, but doesn't happen on my Windows 7 laptop.

I do not think I can do anything for that as I just tell it what tooltip to show and it does it. It appears to be forcing the tooltip to display not over the taskbar/system tray as well as not allowing the tooltip to go off the edge of the screen, so that is a perfect storm you could say for the following.

The thing is when the tooltip appears and the mouse is then over the tooltip, then it thinks you are no longer over the control therefore it disappears making the mouse over the control again and that is how you get that loop. I will look into it more to make sure though.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 11:12 AM by hamradio »