topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:42 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: NANY 2011 Release: TaskDaddy Release  (Read 100457 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2011 Release: TaskDaddy Release
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2011, 12:55 AM »
I thought there was already a FARR alias for taskdaddy -- before i create one, does one already exist? or does someone else want to take a shot at making it?

daddydave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • test
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2011, 06:56 PM »
Wow, I'm on Youtube, or actually TaskDaddy is. Got a good feeling seeing that, great job on the screencast, I couldn't have done better myself.

Now that I am past the end-of-year crunch, I will try to put some thought into where to take TaskDaddy. To my knowledge, there is no existing FARR alias for TaskDaddy and I have not started one, and it would be a cool idea.

daddydave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • test
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2012, 08:18 AM »
I had a lot of hopes for expanding this program but I am unable to do so for personal reasons.

By way of tying up one loose end, all versions of TaskDaddy are hereby released under the CC BY 3.0 license.

I wish to thank all of you here for your support.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 09:18 AM by daddydave »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2012, 11:57 AM »

nice parting note(s) there daddydave :Thmbsup:

Tom

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2012, 08:42 PM »
Love the song - I can resonate with that.
Thanks DD.

daddydave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • test
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2021, 06:09 PM »
10-Years-Later.jpg

Although development on this has stopped, it has bothered me for some time that I lost the _OptParse.au3 file TaskDaddy depended on, and also it appears the whole internet has lost it as well. This prevented people from being able to easily build TaskDaddy themselves.  After being unable to find a good substitute for _OptParse, I discovered it was just as easy to use the AutoIt built-in $CmdLine array for both option and task parsing.  I also realized that, for interfacing with Outlook, I only use 3 of the functions from Wooltown's Outlook.au3, and 2 of those I had to modify, so I just created a separate module with those 3 functions. (In the meantime, Wooltown has redesigned Outlook.au3 into OutlookEX if you are interested.)

So it needs more testing, but as of today I think I've done it: created a buildable version with no missing files and pushed it here: https://github.com/daddydave/taskdaddy
No feature updates expected, but at least it can be built again. I'll update the first post in this thread soon. Thank you for your support!

P.S. I (re-)discovered this script only works when it is compiled, because of how the $CmdLine array works.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 06:19 PM by daddydave »