topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 10:11 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Shiny Disco Balls  (Read 14822 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shiny Disco Balls
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 07:09 PM »
another oldie and very goodie
Neu! from 1972 - I've heard it before but couldn't say where or when. The track is called Hallogallo

http://www.youtube.c...ZbAWBElA6dA&NR=1

on vinyl :)

Hehe~! More trippy stuff. :)

Thing is about a lot of music *now* (I mean that about this point in time, and not about music produced now) is that there is so much that has been produced up to this point in time with mimicry all over the place and all through time, so "oldies" could very well have been released just yesterday.

I think Hallogallo shows that quite well as it could easily be from a contemporary artist. It fits very well into the "Chill" genre. Here's an example of what I mean:

Anchorless:

A different Anchorless mix:

Pretty much every instrument in the song was around in 1972, though there are a couple places where you can tell that it must be after the early 80's for technology reasons.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shiny Disco Balls
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2010, 05:27 AM »
they nice too but I do prefer the older one in this case - but I know what you mean - I thought I had heard it before, but it could just as easily have been something similar from the last couple of decades - aaagh getting old[er] :)

Off-topic - how do you embed a video? I know you can get the embed code below the youtube video but it's not bbcode - doh - I see the youtube button...
I already posted the link but here's the embedded vid (test):

preview says invalid youtube link ...

[edit]
Aha! I just need to add the link - i'll have to make a complaint - that's just too simple  >:( :p

Tom
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 05:30 AM by tomos »