topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:35 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: church song software  (Read 21464 times)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: church song software
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2010, 11:10 PM »
ok what is the trick for moving it out of "my personal area" and into the other section or can you do that for me?

Contact mouser and have him move it for you, otherwise you have to copy and paste the bbcode to a new post, and reupload the images, and in the same order as the original post in your personal area.

techidave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2010, 05:44 AM »
that is what I ended up doing.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 10:32 PM »
ok what is the trick for moving it out of "my personal area" and into the other section or can you do that for me?

iirc this has been asked previously but i don't think there is a way to move it out. you'll have to copy and paste the text. :)

Or ask a forum moderator (like mouser) to move it for you.

geowink

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2010, 08:42 AM »
If you really want to do this correctly look at MediaShout (which isn't free). It handles all the screen work for a worship service. One nice thing is you can make changes while you are running a service - something PowerPoint has no clue on. You can create a large song library that is totally editable and if you know someone with MS you could get their music library. Just a suggestion.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2010, 08:51 AM »
If you really want to do this correctly look at MediaShout (which isn't free). It handles all the screen work for a worship service. One nice thing is you can make changes while you are running a service - something PowerPoint has no clue on. You can create a large song library that is totally editable and if you know someone with MS you could get their music library. Just a suggestion.
I second getting a full featured software like this.  I've seen these things in action, and they are tremendously useful.

techidave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2010, 10:55 AM »
I have looked at MediaShout and actually d/l'd the demo.  It's not real user friendly and for a small church like ours, with only a few people that actually know something about computers it was too dificult.

your right that is a real meal deal but... for our case it wasn't the best deal in town.   ;D

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2010, 11:07 AM »
I have looked at MediaShout and actually d/l'd the demo.  It's not real user friendly and for a small church like ours, with only a few people that actually know something about computers it was too dificult.

your right that is a real meal deal but... for our case it wasn't the best deal in town.   ;D
At my sister's church, they had a similar problem (but it's not a small church).  The AV guy knows nothing about computers.  I told them all you need to do is find the geeky computer teenager in the church, and he will do an amazing job with all that stuff.  i've seen these kids do much better work for free than the adults who are hired.

techidave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2010, 11:16 AM »
We only have 2 teenagers in our church, graduated 2 in May so I cannot count on them.  But your right about teenagers figuring stuff out way faster than most adults.

I belive mediashout was around $500 which is quite a bit for us. 

I went with PowerWorship because I thought some of the less geeky people JUST might be able to figure it out easier than one of the other ones.  But it does work for us and that is fine with me.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2010, 11:20 AM »
We only have 2 teenagers in our church, graduated 2 in May so I cannot count on them.  But your right about teenagers figuring stuff out way faster than most adults.

I belive mediashout was around $500 which is quite a bit for us. 

I went with PowerWorship because I thought some of the less geeky people JUST might be able to figure it out easier than one of the other ones.  But it does work for us and that is fine with me.
That's good.  You know what would be cool?  An iphone app to control this.  you can do it right from the pew!

techidave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2010, 12:09 PM »
Actually, you don't even need an iphone.  I have a remote control that will advance my slides and can do it from anywhere in the room.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2010, 12:18 PM »
MediaShout seems both advanced and capable. However, I am puzzled about the "more than 50 bible translations"... I have merely managed to find eight, on their site. And when I went to register, it was only to find out that MediaShout does not recognize Denmark as a country!

:-\

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2010, 04:37 PM »
also, I think it is tough (tuf) that it takes $99 to learn how to use the program (via DVD)!