topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:16 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Evernote Beta now Open  (Read 5292 times)

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Evernote Beta now Open
« on: June 30, 2008, 08:49 PM »
Evernote version 3 is now in Open beta, no invites are necessary to sign up.  Space is unlimited, bandwidth is is 40 megs for free users and 500 for "premium" users -- dropping 45 bucks for a year of premium will net you a free Evernote T-shirt. (A really nice looking shirt, in my opinion)

The web version has been completely redesigned and their web clipper has also been improved.  Not much new to offer for the Evernote 2.0  users who are disappointed in what might be considered a number of regressions moving forward to 3.0, but its current state is much improved from when I first started using the beta.  Also much to my delight, the updates are coming far more frequently.

There are still a great number of issues I'd like to see addressed--mostly having to do with non-overlapping features between the web and client versions and how it's much easier to do some things from one and other things via the other, which I've mentioned at length a number of times on their forums. Of course, so long as they leave the "Beta" suffix on the version, I am not too upset with the state of it.

Grorgy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Evernote Beta now Open
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 09:37 PM »
 :down: boooo, yet again we 'aliens' (non usa or canada) are being discriminated against.  They wont send us a t shirt  ;D

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 09:44 PM »
Heh, this is true--there were a few on the boards complaining about this.  It seems they should at least give you the opportunity to pay shipping.

<xenophobia>
Shame on you for not being an American.
</xenophobia>

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 10:37 PM »
Please, forgive us for our sins, oh bearded one  ;D

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 09:07 PM »
One thing I am trying to figure out is that what happens if you do not have internet connection? I know you can keep your data local as well but it seems like there is no way to open evernote if you do not sign in?

yksyks

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 02:22 AM »
I'm using Evernote 3 on a regular basis now and I can tell that nothing weird happens. You can access your local data as usual and they just get synchronized once you are connected again. So far no complains. It just works flawlessly and as expected.

I was surprised that when I accidentally managed to edit the same note on another machine before they were synced I was warned about the possible conflict, which was not the case with Evernote 2.

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 05:43 PM »
Yeah, Internet is necessary to open an account and get the software up and running -- but after that, if you so desire, you can keep it all local and never sync again. (In which case... WHY?! Stick with 2.0) I have a really unreliable Internet connection--so I just have Evernote set for manual synchronizing. Use it "offline" most of the time, syncing up a few times a day as necessary.