Launching something that uses an alias via a numpad key leaves "residue" in the Search Edit Box for my local installation.
Below is a description of how one might reproduce.
0. Fresh install of FARR v2.30.01 (I used VirtualBox for this).
1. Create a shortcut to "C:\Program Files" on the Desktop (if the shortcut isn't named "Program Files" already, please rename it to match).
2. Configure a way of toggling FARR that doesn't involve setting or clearing the previous search text:
3. Create an alias 'cmd' for opening cmd.exe with a search result (as described in: https://www.donation....msg120331#msg120331
4. Bring up FARR using the toggling method defined in 2. and type:
+cmd program f
5. Launch the "Program Files.lnk" result via the appropriate numpad key (let's say for the sake of discussion that it was the first result, so press 1 on the numpad).
6. Bring up FARR again (using the method defined in 2.).
What I get for the content of the Search Edit Box is (note the trailing number):
+cmd program f1
What I expect is no "residue" (trailing number):
+cmd program f
FWIW, I see the number appearing in the Search Edit Box after I press the numpad key and before the FARR window disappears -- sorry, my visual processing was fast enough, but my fingers were too slow to get a screenshot
I didn't match the above description to anything listed in 'FARR v2 - Official Bug Tracking and Feature Request Thread' nor did I succeed in locating a post with a closely matching description (perhaps my bad). I did find a couple of other topics where similar-sounding situations were discussed - but I didn't come away with a confident sense of whether the associated descriptions dereferenced to the same phenomena https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=5970.0https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=6980.0