topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday May 8, 2024, 1:26 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next
Screenshot Captor / Re: Folder name ss2020.08_Aug in Template?
« Last post by dwids on October 08, 2020, 01:14 AM »
Ok, I've been using the option to move older screen shots in an attempt to have them automatically get put into 'month' folders, but it's adding OLDER as a new 'Root' folder under my main screenshot folder. 
My screenshot folder is:   
D:\D_Documents\Screenshots\ss.2020\
I just want all of Oct 2020's screen shots to end up in 'date' sub-folders, say:
D:\D_Documents\Screenshots\ss.2020\ss2020.10_Oct
...either during the initial Save operation (ideally) or as part of the Auto Move operation (the fallback).  But Auto Move seems to create an OLDER sub-folder:
D:\D_Documents\Screenshots\ss.2020\OLDER
And my 'date' subfolders are created under OLDER.

Is there any way to have the new 'date' sub-folders directly under my screenshot folder? Thank you
Screenshot Captor / Re: Folder name ss2020.08_Aug in Template?
« Last post by dwids on August 17, 2020, 06:49 PM »
Thank you for your excellent reply.

I had actually already discovered all of those suggestions, including trying the "\" in the directory name.  I was, as you seem to have picked up on, after a 'real-time' saving to a nominated subfolder.

I tried setting the time to 0 on the Auto-move option but it didn't seem to work. Yep, I already use .png for work screenshots, and .jpg for quick ones here at home.

If it's not possible, I might move it over as a suggestion. Maybe a new field called $subfolder and we can configure it with existing %Y etc values. So we have a fixed main folder, nominate a $subfolder string and then the ss.$customdate% (etc) file name?

If it's too difficult, I might just have to adjust my workflow; today's screenshots go in the root folder and then are moved (later) to the date subfolder.
Screenshot Captor / Folder name ss2020.08_Aug in Template?
« Last post by dwids on August 16, 2020, 06:33 PM »
Apologies if this has been asked before, I did try and search but may have missed it.

Can I set my base folder as : D:\D_Documents\Screenshots\

Then have all screenshots automatically go into a Year and Month subfolder?

D:\D_Documents\Screenshots\ss.2020\ss2020.08_Aug\

So the full file and path would be:
D:\D_Documents\Screenshots\ss.2020\ss2020.08_Aug\ss.20200801_080324.jpg
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next