topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Saturday May 4, 2024, 8:10 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next
Those are all great ideas. I was actually planning on implementing all but the last one, but I'll add that last one to my list as well.

Stay tuned...

EDIT: All but the first in your list were implemented in 2.25. Stay tuned for the first one on your list. :)
Hate to keep posting here so frequently, but J-Mac, I wanted to let you know that I just released Breevy 2.24 today, which adds support for importing MS Word AutoCorrect entries. :)
Hi sri, sorry you missed the deal. Please check your PM folder. :)
Oh yeah, I just wanted to let you guys know that the BitsduJour 57%-off sale is live today only, (January 3, 2009)... the deal ends midnight tonight.

Hi J-Mac, thanks for the welcome. :)

How would you compare Breevy to those two?

Comparing Breevy to Direct Access, the layout of the main window is somewhat similar, with some big differences of course, but I will have to say that Breevy uses much less CPU and memory than DA, startup is much faster, and also, the UI is more responsive and not nearly as laggy as DA's is.

There are no existing bugs that I know of at the moment, but if you should happen to come across one please let me know and I'll do my best to fix it as quickly as possible for you. :)

Comparing Breevy to Phrase Express, I tried to make Breevy as clear and straightforward as possible to use, while still being very functional. I'd like to think Breevy wins in that department.

I included a quick-start guide as well as some helpful examples that hopefully will get you started creating and using abbreviations in just a few minutes. If you ever decide to try Breevy, please let me know if I've failed to make it straightforward enough and I'll work on it. ;)

While being easy, it's also powerful, and most of the important features PE has, Breevy has. As I mentioned previously, as well: Breevy is in active development, so I'm constantly improving it, and if you'd like a feature added to Breevy that you think would be useful, just shoot me an e-mail.

Import from other apps? Import Word's Auto-correct dictionary?

Right now Breevy can import from it's own exported abbreviations, as well as from PC Shorthand. However, I do plan on adding other importers in the near future... MS Word AutoCorrect is at the top of my list. I would like to note that Breevy comes with its own Typo AutoCorrection set with 6500+ abbreviations to correct common spelling errors, that you can import by clicking File -> Import Typo AutoCorrection Set.

How do you fire off a phrase/word? Select your own shortcut? Or locked into one default? Very important one for me: how weel does it handle abbreviations?? (can't, don't, etc.?)

Each abbreviation can be fired in three different ways:

1) Immediately: As soon as you type the abbreviation in an application (such as 'addr') it'll be replaced.

2) After the trigger key is pressed: First you must type the abbreviation, and then the trigger key (Ctrl by default, but this can be changed). If you don't press the trigger key after the abbreviation, the abbreviation won't be replaced. Also, if the trigger key is a visible character (like a Space) it won't be shown on the screen.

3) After a word-ending character is pressed: After you type an abbreviation, you must type a word-ending character, such as a space, period, etc (you can modify what these word-ending characters are as well). So if you had an abbreviation of 'addr', if you typed 'address' it wouldn't be replaced, but if you typed 'addr.' or 'addr ' (period, space, etc) it would be replaced.

You can set the default trigger mode for new abbreviations, and then modify it (as well as the case mode) on a case by case basis for each abbreviation you want to use a different trigger mode for. :)
Nice program. Consider adding some more features, since there is competitive offering out there which is free. And  ;) your blog doesn't load.

Thanks. Yes, I'll definitely be adding more features in the near future. If there's something you'd particularly like to see added, let me know and I'll consider adding that first.

Is the blog working for you now? It's worked for me all day today and yesterday. Might've just been a little temporary fluke. 8)
I see that went wrong, and has been re-scheduled for 3d. Jan. 2010.
Yes, sorry about that... the deal has indeed been re-scheduled for January 3, 2010, as you said. :)
What do you see as Breevy's special strengths compared to the field?

Simplicity, ease of use, and speed.

BTW, Breevy is scheduled to be on BdJ at 57% off on November 29th. I plan to make a post a week or so before that date. :)
Hi guys,

Breevy is a text replacer / expander as well as a program / website launcher. With it you can "type" words and phrases, or launch programs and websites, just by typing the abbreviation you associated with it.

For example, with Breevy, instead of typing out your street address in its entirety, you could create a new abbreviation for it... say, myad. So then whenever you want to type out your address, just type myad in any program and Breevy will replace it for you with your address, automatically. Going by the number of characters in a typical address, that's the difference between typing 35-40+ characters without Breevy, to typing just 4 characters with Breevy (you could even make the abbreviation shorter if you want).

Same goes for anything else... if you can type it, you can abbreviate it with Breevy -- your e-mail address, phone number, forum username(s), e-mail greetings and signatures, online form information, complex words, code snippets, etc.

You can also launch programs, documents, folders, and websites with Breevy -- for example, you can launch Notepad by typing np, launch DonationCoder.com by typing dc, or navigate to your download folder by typing dw.

I tried to make Breevy as fast and bloat-free as possible (quick startup, low CPU usage and low memory consumption, responsive UI, etc) and I've also got a lot of good stuff planned for the near future.

Let me know how you like it. :)

More information / download at: http://www.16software.com/breevy/

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next