topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday May 8, 2024, 7:04 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next
I know this is an old post now, but I have been messing with AHK lately in an attempt to fix the middle click problem I mentioned before.
I worked around the problem by modifying the hotkey so that I have to hold ctrl and middle click.
I tried to make it so that I could middle click and right click at the same time to activate gridmove, but I could not make it work...I would lose the ability to click drag because using the & (example: hotkey, MButton & RButton, MButtonMove) completely takes control of the middle button. I was able to make it so that I could middle click, but I could not click drag (which was the point of making a two button hotkey in the first place) if any one has any ideas on how to work around this let me know:-\

I have been using gridmove for a while now, and it is one of the most useful programs I have! I am completely dependent. When I'm using a computer without it I get confused  :P
I know that this is the case, and that is how I am currently operating. However I personally think it is faster/easier to click-drag then to click, drag, click. As I said before, its something I can live with...I just have a habit of click dragging, but in the big scheme of things whats one extra click? :D
The reason I even brought it up is because I know there are other programs that use middle mouse click-drag and I figured it would be kinda cool to choose what button could be used to snap to gridmove the windows.

....Also for some reason I keep calling the program GridView. :-[ sry bout that, I don't know why I keep saying that instead of GridMove :-\
PS: gridmove includes exceptions for middle mouse button specifically, but those are hardcoded, so, if you could make me a small list of the windows that cause you trouble, I could include those in the next release.

The main problem is with firefox (and also Internet Explorer although I don't use it). If I click and drag the middle mouse on a scrollable web page, the page scrolls until I release the middle button. This is handy for quick page position adjustments. In spite of this fact, I must ask that you don't add firefox or IE to the exceptions list as the ability to middle click and position the windows with GridView is even more handy.
I really appreciate you responding to my request, and even if my request is never incorporated, GridView is an excellent tool.
I just found GridMove, and I have to say I can't believe I have survived this long without it. I have a suggestion, but I have no idea how hard it would be, and I suspect that it may not be possible. However it never hurts to ask right?
Since some programs use the middle mouse to drag things, I was wondering if it would be possible to chose what button is used for the middle mouse drag method. I have a mouse that has a 4th button and it would be great if I could drag the windows using that button instead of the middle mouse button.
Whether this can be done or not, thanks for the great window management tool!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next