topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday May 22, 2024, 3:43 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Recent Posts

Pages: prev1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Good idea, actually. I will add that option. :)
edit: In order to not clutter the GUI any further, I'll add it to the settings screen.
No problem. Having both files built could be useful.

Maybe you could add a "both" option to the output format selection. :)
Makes sense. (As I said, this is a debug build. The final version will get rid of the intermediate .ps file and/or won’t try to build a .pdf file, probably to be released tomorrow.)

Thank you and sorry for being slow today - you helped me a lot!
Okay, I added "C:\Program Files\gs\gs10.02.1\lib" to the PATH environment variable and had no error message when starting groffstudio.

I loaded a man file, set the output format to PDF and then clicked "build".

This produced a PostScript file and a PDF file. I was able to view the .ps file in gsview and the .pdf file in Firefox without problems.

Setting the output format to PostScript also built both files.
The message is wrong, indeed. Of course, it’s .bat, not .exe.

What I just tested was:
  • Install Ghostscript from scoop (which tries to add ps2pdf to the PATH, it seems),
  • then run ps2pdf (no extension…  ;D) from inside groffstudio.

Worked for me…

So the message should probably rather be: “ps2pdf could not be found, please install Ghostscript and make sure that the folder that contains the ps2pdf command is in your PATH” AFAICS?

(I’m actually at work, sorry for being somewhat distracted here.)
I get an error at startup saying "On Windows, for creating PDF files, you need GhostScript installed. Sadly, groffstudio could not find ps2pdf.exe in your %PATH%, so writing PDF files will not be supported."

As mentioned before, I do have GhostScript (10.02.1) installed, but it does not have a ps2pdf.exe file.

There is a ps2pdf.bat file in its lib subdirectory, but only "C:\Program Files\gs\gs10.02.1\bin" is in the PATH. The bin directory contains gswin64.exe, gswin64c.exe, gsdll64.dll and gsdll64.lib only.
How's this?
edit: Yes, it always tries to make a PDF file. This is only for testing. :)

edit: replaced
Probably. The goal of groffstudio is to have one button right on the editor though.  ;D
Anyway: I found a Windows machine and I'll see what I can do... :) thanks for the report.
It's much easier to start gsview, load the .ps file from the menu and then export it as a PDF.  ;)
That’s unfortunate. I mean, my implementation of running the groff tools is not exactly fail-safe yet.

But as you already have Ghostscript, I see a potential positive outcome for me…  ;D

edit: See below...
Pages: prev1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]