topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday May 2, 2024, 9:29 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Secondary monitors screen is not captured entirely  (Read 2022 times)

thohoj

• Participant
  • Joined in 2023
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Secondary monitors screen is not captured entirely
« on: December 18, 2023, 04:42 AM »
Hi,

I have a problem capturing my secondary monitors screen. Monitor "2" is my primary display, "1" is the secondary (see screenshot of Windows 11 "System > Display" settings).
When I "grab the entire workspace" the grabbed area on the secondary monitor ("1") is too small (see red rectangle in screenshot).
When I "grab selectied region" I cannot move the mouse outside the red rectangle.

Monitor 1:
- Scale 100%
Resolution: 5120x1440

Monitor 2:
- Scale 150%
Resolution: 3840x2160

millardjk

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Secondary monitors screen is not captured entirely
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 03:15 PM »
I have a similar issue with scaling: I have *3* monitors, two side-by-side (primary & secondary) at 100% scaling, and a third above them that I normally run at 125%. When doing a capture of a region, the 125% can capture with fidelity, but the other two displays have their "as displayed" view scaled to 125%, cutting off the lower & side portions. It's like Screen Captor is telling Windows to statically grab the entire workspace, then displaying that across the three displays as a single 125%-scaled image. When I switch the third display to 100%, everything works as expected.