topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday May 9, 2024, 7:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next
Announce Your Software/Service/Product / Re: Backup4all 4 BETA released
« Last post by zw on September 26, 2008, 12:07 PM »
I bought Backup4All in late July of this year.   Would I qualify for a free update?

Inputted the key into the upgrade form on the site but it said it would cost $19.98.

Find And Run Robot / Cannot hide status bar on 2.27.01
« Last post by zw on August 02, 2008, 01:17 PM »
In version 2.27.01 with Hide Status Bar checked, I get this weird spacing issue in bottom.

As if the status bar element is hidden, but the space reserved for it is still being occupied.

farr_status_bar.png
I say give the trial a shot and see how you like it usability-wise.

I picked it up.  I used to use this for work some time back and it was by far my favourite screencapping tool.

The DirectX capture is nice, the auto-scrolling works much better for me than in other apps, the built-in FTP is sweet if you don't like things like http://www.rightload.org/, the new TextSnap feature seems to work rather well.  It's like OCR but for windows elements.  Here's similar freeware implementation from the prolific nirsoft:  http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/sysexp.html

It's also got the usual arrows and vector shapes and such to notate the captures.

Can't comment on the voice activated capture stuff since I never used it.

I'd say it's a pretty good deal for the price.

Not sure how their updating policy is between versions, though.
I didn't try it yet. But looks like it doesn't have a auto-hiding dock containing the common capture modes (called OneClick in SnagIt)

With HyperSnap I just right click the tray icon and it has all the capture modes listed.

hypersnap_menu.png
General Software Discussion / Re: How do you launch stuff?
« Last post by zw on September 26, 2007, 07:25 PM »
Odd that Portable Start Menu doesn't come without an installer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next