topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday May 1, 2024, 6:28 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next
I have a small update coming to beta build 60 at some point soon. Anything else that I should take a look at from build 60 before I do put the small update out?

I have focused on optimizing some parts of the program with the latest to get it ready for the release build.
Screenshot Captor / App opens in second monitor
« Last post by Jabackal on Today at 11:09 AM »
ScreenCaptor keeps opening in monitor 2 which is off most of the time, I did everything suggested by Microsoft help but this app will keep opening in #2.
Any suggestions?
Well, it won’t keep track of which files were built previously, so that’s (technically) working as expected.  ;D A note would be the only thing I can do about it without adding a whole version control system, I guess. But I won’t be on Windows before tomorrow, so one day more until the next release…
We're nearly there. Changing the setting does allow the PostScript file to be kept when exporting as a PDF now.

Unfortunately, saying you don't want to keep the PostScript file will cause a previously built one to be deleted.

In other words, if it isn't set to keep PostScript files and you build a PostScript file then a PDF one (from the same man file), you lose the PostScript file.

If you build the PDF file first, you don't have this issue, of course.

Bill Gates would call this a feature, not a bug. ;)

Warning about this in the settings would be the easiest workaround.
Ugh.  ;D
No, it actually created both files, but ...

Code: Text [Select]
  1. if buildSuccess and not chkKeepPostscriptFile.Checked then;     // <<< the ";" ends the command...
  2.     DeleteFile(outputFileName); // get rid of the .ps file

But yay, we're getting there!
For some reason, it only builds one file each time now, no matter how I set "keep the postscript file after creating the pdf file".
Like this?
edit: replaced
Good idea, actually. I will add that option. :)
edit: In order to not clutter the GUI any further, I'll add it to the settings screen.
No problem. Having both files built could be useful.

Maybe you could add a "both" option to the output format selection. :)
Makes sense. (As I said, this is a debug build. The final version will get rid of the intermediate .ps file and/or won’t try to build a .pdf file, probably to be released tomorrow.)

Thank you and sorry for being slow today - you helped me a lot!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next