topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday May 9, 2024, 3:31 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next
Activation/License/Language Help / Re: URLSnooper Runs but GUI Does Not Appear
« Last post by Iggy64 on March 15, 2009, 02:18 PM »
Thanks, again, Mouser.

I did an uninstall, then a fresh install.  GUI came up just fine.  I plugged in the license key, and things are running fine.  Hopefully, it will do so on the second and third tries, and so on.

This was a weird one, and we'll probably never know why the GUI disappeared.  But it doesn't really matter (unless it keeps happening).

Thanks again, for the quick response. 
Activation/License/Language Help / Re: URLSnooper Runs but GUI Does Not Appear
« Last post by Iggy64 on March 15, 2009, 01:28 PM »
Thanks for responding, Mouser.

Yes, I had repeatedly killed all running instances of URLSnooper and restarted, but still no GUI.

I took your advice and deleted the ini file, but that did not change the behavior.  Same result.  When I try to open URLSnooper, it starts the process running in the background, but no GUI appears.  And, I noticed, no new ini file is created.

So now maybe I'll need to reinstall?

Thanks, again.
Activation/License/Language Help / URLSnooper Runs but GUI Does Not Appear
« Last post by Iggy64 on March 15, 2009, 01:07 PM »
Hello.  I am a brand-new user of URLSnooper, which I downloaded recently.  After I downloaded it, I ran it to see if it would function, which it did wonderfully.  Today, I thought I'd give it a real shakedown, to see what it can and cannot do.  When I clicked its icon, the program did not open up (or so I thought).  I tried this several times, and still no show.  Then I looked in Windows process explorer to see what was running.  I found several instances of URLSnooper running, each one taking about 43M of virtual memory.  So the program is opening, but it's not giving me a GUI to work with.

Checking the forum, I learned that I will need a license key for this program.  So I thought maybe that was the problem.  I registered and obtained a key.  Now comes the Catch 22.  I don't seem to have any way to enter the key, because I can't get the URLSnooper GUI to open.  (The key has to be entered through the "About" menu in the GUI.)  So I seem to be stuck.

Can you advise me on how to solve this?  Will I need to uninstall and re-install in order to get the GUI back?  What's the best way to proceed?

Thanks!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next