topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday May 20, 2024, 6:44 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next
General Software Discussion / Re: batch scripting
« Last post by rjbull on Today at 05:26 PM »
i was doing a lot of grepping and it was causing a toll on my hands typing all the extra characters.
[...]
now i'm wondering if i can make it so i just run it once, and i can just type the grep search words over and over again ?
[...]
without having to type g each time.
[...]
its been so long i cant remember what this stuff is even called in batch to search how to script it.

There are still a few batch file resources on the web, e.g.

Don't overlook that even the Windows CMD prompt has line recall and editing.  When you've issued a command, and it's been executed, press Up Arrow to recall it, edit the line if necessary and press Enter to issue the modified command.  Take Command (payware) and its plain text console mode version TCC/LE (freeware) are far better. You get many more features than Microsoft ever dreamt of.  JP Soft seem to have replaced TCC/LE with TCC-RT : Free TCC Runtime for Batch Files, which I haven't tried.  Also, you should probably look at PowerShell, which also I haven't tried.
Repo: https://github.com/K...nlos/KynlosWebServer

Kynlos Python Web Server with PHP Support

This is a Python-based web server that supports serving static files, executing PHP scripts, file uploads, rate limiting, IP whitelisting/blacklisting, HTTPS using self-signed certificates, CORS support, custom error pages, static file caching, Gzip/Brotli compression, basic authentication, virtual hosts, URL redirects, graceful shutdown, browser auto-open, email verification, and SQLite database integration for user management. The server is highly configurable via a `config.json` file.

Features

• Serves static files from the `htdocs` directory
    • Executes PHP scripts using the `php` command
    • Supports file uploads via POST requests to `/upload`, with uploaded files saved in the `htdocs/downloads` directory
    • Provides a file download page at `htdocs/download.html` for accessing uploaded files
    • Rate limiting to prevent abuse (configurable requests per minute and burst limits)
    • IP whitelisting and blacklisting for access control
    • HTTPS support using self-signed certificates with configurable certificate details and renewal options
    • Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) support
    • Serves custom HTML pages for different HTTP error codes (configurable via `config.json`)
    • Implements caching for static files to improve performance (configurable cache size and TTL)
    • Gzip and Brotli compression for improved transfer speeds
    • Basic authentication with configurable authorized users
    • Virtual hosts support for hosting multiple websites or domains
    • URL redirects for redirecting users from old or outdated URLs to new ones or external websites
    • Customizable entry point (default: `index.html`)
    • Logging of requests to a log file
    • Graceful shutdown on Ctrl-C
    • Opens the entry point in a web browser on server start
    • Email verification for new user registrations to prevent spam accounts
    • SQLite database integration for managing user accounts and enabling user registration and login

Requirements

• Python 3.x
    • `php` command available in PATH (for PHP script execution)
    • `OpenSSL` Python library (for HTTPS support)
    • `sqlite3` Python library (for SQLite database integration)

Configuration

The server can be configured using a `config.json` file in the same directory as the script. The following options are available:

• `port`: The port number to run the server on (default: 80)
    • `entry_point`: The default file to serve when accessing the root URL (default: `index.html`)
    • `use_https`: Whether to enable HTTPS using a self-signed certificate (default: `false`)
    • `certfile`: The path to the certificate file for HTTPS (default: `cert.pem`)
    • `keyfile`: The path to the private key file for HTTPS (default: `key.pem`)
    • `rate_limit`: The maximum number of requests per minute per IP (default: 10)
    • `rate_limit_burst`: The maximum number of burst requests allowed (default: 5)
    • `log_file`: The path to the log file for request logging (default: `server.log`)
    • `whitelist`: A list of IP addresses that are allowed to access the server (default: [])
    • `blacklist`: A list of IP addresses that are blocked from accessing the server (default: [])
    • `htdocs_dir`: The directory to serve static files from (default: `htdocs`)
    • `downloads_dir`: The directory to save uploaded files to (default: `htdocs/downloads`)
    • `cert_config`: Configuration options for generating the self-signed certificate
      • `key_size`: The size of the private key in bits (default: 2048)
      • `subject`: The subject information for the certificate
        • `C`: Country (default: US)
        • `ST`: State (default: California)
        • `L`: Locality (default: San Francisco)
        • `O`: Organization (default: My Company)
        • `OU`: Organizational Unit (default: My Organization)
        • `CN`: Common Name (default: localhost)

• `serial_number`: Serial number (default: 1000)
      • `valid_days`: Number of days the certificate is valid for (default: 3650)
      • `signing_algorithm`: The signing algorithm to use (default: sha256)
    • `cert_renewal_days`: The number of days before certificate expiration to renew (default: 30)
    • `cache_max_size`: The maximum size of the static file cache in bytes (default: 10485760)
    • `cache_ttl`: The time-to-live (TTL) for cached files in seconds (default: 60)
    • `enable_gzip_compression`: Whether to enable Gzip compression (default: true)
    • `enable_brotli_compression`: Whether to enable Brotli compression (default: true)
    • `enable_basic_auth`: Whether to enable basic authentication (default: false)
    • `auth_users`: A dictionary of authorized usernames and passwords for basic authentication
    • `enable_virtual_hosts`: Whether to enable virtual hosts support (default: false)
    • `virtual_hosts`: A dictionary of virtual host mappings, with each key representing a domain and the value specifying the `htdocs_dir` and `entry_point` for that domain
    • `enable_custom_error_pages`: Whether to enable custom error pages (default: false)
    • `error_pages`: A dictionary mapping HTTP error codes to custom HTML pages
    • `redirects`: A dictionary of URL redirects, with each key representing the old URL and the value specifying the new URL or external website
    • `enable_email_verification`: Whether to enable email verification for new user registrations (default: false)
    • `smtp_config`: Configuration options for sending verification emails via SMTP
      • `host`: SMTP server hostname
      • `port`: SMTP server port
      • `username`: SMTP username
      • `password`: SMTP password
      • `use_tls`: Whether to use TLS encryption (default: true)
      • `from_email`: The email address to send verification emails from

Usage

[list=1]
    • Clone the repository or download the `main.py` file.
    • Create a `config.json` file in the same directory as `main.py` with your desired configuration options.
    • Place your static files and PHP scripts in the `htdocs` directory or subdirectories.
    • Run the server using `python main.py`.
    • Access the server in a web browser at `http://localhost` (or the configured port).
    • Upload files via the `/upload` endpoint and access them from the `htdocs/download.html` page.
    • Register new user accounts and verify email addresses to enable user-specific features.

Contributing

Contributions are welcome! If you find any issues or have suggestions for improvements, please open an issue or submit a pull request.

License

This project is open-source and available under the MIT License.

Repo:

https://github.com/K...nlos/KynlosWebServer
    General Software Discussion / batch scripting
    « Last post by compn on May 19, 2024, 09:34 PM »
    i was doing a lot of grepping and it was causing a toll on my hands typing all the extra characters.

so i made a bat file

g.bat:
    @echo off
    grep -i %1 * | grep -i %2

now i'm wondering if i can make it so i just run it once, and i can just type the grep search words over and over again ?

what i mean is: instead of:
    grep -i foo * | grep -i bar
    grep -i foo1 * | grep -i bar1
    and then, with bat file it looks like this:
    g foo bar
    g foo1 bar1

i can just do
    g.bat
    foo bar
    (results for foo bar)
    foo1 bar1
    (results for foo1 bar1)
    foo2 bar2
    (results for foo2 bar2)

without having to type g each time.

also would be nice to be able to do g foo (it currently errors because the second grep is empty), or g foo bar zed hex whatever number of grep searches i need to do at once.

its been so long i cant remember what this stuff is even called in batch to search how to script it.
    Living Room / Re: Arizona sunsets
    « Last post by Arizona Hot on May 19, 2024, 07:35 AM »
    DSC02957.JPG    DSC02959.JPG

A Arizona Hooded Oriole came back for more.

Yep, looks like points 1 and 2 are fixed indeed, thanks! :)
    I'll let you know if I find anything else.
    -ConstanceJill (May 18, 2024, 01:37 AM)
    :up:
    i thought up a solution to different films having different years.

i think having a "year mismatch" output list :D
    another feature:
    a count of matched/unmatched strings would be nice
    auto saving of matches/unmatched to default .txt names
    drag and drop lists?
    command line interface if possible ?
    Yep, looks like points 1 and 2 are fixed indeed, thanks! :)
    I'll let you know if I find anything else.
    2.1.0 build 71 BETA - BETA Download Page
    (Maybe last beta build before a general release build if things are appearing to be polished.)

1. Reverted the launch file exists check to the before method.
    2. Fixed minor annoyance with variable field being cleared.
    3. Added warning if a button uses the variable text and the variable bar is hidden. (Upon attempting to launch.)

Let me know if this one fixes the 2 above issues you mentioned.
    i think fuzzy matching will fix pretty much all these issues.

if you need more sample list just do a dir /a /s > list1.txt and compare it to the same list. good for stress testing mem and cpu usage as well.
    Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next