topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Sunday May 5, 2024, 12:17 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next
DC Member Programs and Projects / Re: GroffStudio under Windows 10?
« Last post by porkroast on January 10, 2024, 08:42 PM »
Thanks for working on this!  Please let me know if I can offer more info-- Best, L.
« Last post by porkroast on January 10, 2024, 01:45 PM »
Also, the window not appearing onscreen has been resolved!  One no longer has to do the Alt-Spacebar!  Thank you!!
« Last post by porkroast on January 10, 2024, 01:42 PM »
Everything worked!  Well done!  Compilation was perfect!  One small thing, though-- when I pasted in the input file, strange things appeared-- see attached file.  What do you think?  Anyway, everything worked great! 
« Last post by porkroast on January 09, 2024, 09:44 PM »
Excellent!  Thank you for patience!
« Last post by porkroast on January 09, 2024, 07:38 PM »
Same problem-- I get a .ps file, a "build successful" message, but still the missing formatting.  Enclosed is the input file that I pasted into GroffStudio-- could this be the issue?
« Last post by porkroast on January 08, 2024, 06:00 PM »
I get the message, "build problem", but actually I do get a .ps file with the missing -me macro commands (bold and italic commands are ignored, as are footnote commands).  Again, I have 100% success with the Windows Command Prompt, everything works as it should. . . is there something that I have not configured correctly?
« Last post by porkroast on January 08, 2024, 10:16 AM »
C:\ProgramData\Chocolatey\Bin

I also get an error when I try to, "log to file"-- my -me file won't compile at all.
« Last post by porkroast on January 07, 2024, 07:15 PM »
Hello again!  Having some trouble with GroffStudio-- may I bother you again?  My groff -me file compiles just fine under the Windows command prompt, but GroffStudio seems to not see my Tmac folder-- I get a .ps file with GroffStudio, but the .pp and the .(f (and the .b and .i) commands weren't acknowledged.  I tried editing my System Environment Variables-- I also read something about problems with the TEMP directory and permissions-- any insights here?  Best, Lou
« Last post by porkroast on April 28, 2023, 07:21 AM »
MrHappy,

It worked!  Thank you!  Don't know how I missed this. . .
« Last post by porkroast on April 27, 2023, 10:03 PM »
Hello again-- any luck with a new build?  Thank you--
« Last post by porkroast on February 05, 2023, 08:45 PM »
Sorry-- "studio-win-0.12.0", downloaded today, unzipped in it's own folder without a groff.exe (hoping to download it through GroffStudio)-- in the folder, there is only the .exe with two .dlls.
« Last post by porkroast on February 05, 2023, 08:42 PM »
Again, thanks for your patience and help!  I will scour my computer for offending security software, I will post again tomorrow!  Good night, Lou
« Last post by porkroast on February 05, 2023, 08:33 PM »
Here goes:Screenshot 2023-02-05 213241.png
« Last post by porkroast on February 05, 2023, 08:31 PM »
Just restarted the computer, same issue-- forgive me, it's the "Taskbar" where the groffstudio icon is underlined, like any other open program.  But there is no big main window!
« Last post by porkroast on February 05, 2023, 07:46 PM »
Thanks so much for getting back to me!  When I double click on the .exe, I get a minimized icon ("quick start"), and when I hover the mouse over it, I get a blank mini-groffstudio window, and when I click on the minimized icon, nothing happens.  I have "allowed" the program in my Avast AntiVirus/Firewall-- what could I be doing wrong?  Lou
DC Member Programs and Projects / GroffStudio under Windows 10?
« Last post by porkroast on November 09, 2022, 07:21 AM »
Hello! 

I have been looking for a Groff IDE forever-- thank you for your work!  However, I can't make GroffStudio work under Windows 10-- the program won't open after clicking on the .exe file.  I have placed the .dlls in the System and System32 folders, kept the .dlls in the working directory-- I can't figure this out.  Any advice would be much appreciated!  Thanks--
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next