topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday May 2, 2024, 7:04 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next
General Software Discussion / Re: split PDF files - context menu program?
« Last post by Frank D on November 06, 2007, 08:49 PM »
Posted by: lanux128
". . . it won't work for PDFs that are restricted from printing.. <smiley>"

Drat! I knew it was too easy! <g>

Hmm, I never even thought of that angle, because I've never run into a PDF that was restricted from printing. Guess I've lived a sheltered life! <g> Oh well, at least it'll work for some folks.

I'm following this topic up with interest.

Frank D

General Software Discussion / Re: split PDF files - context menu program?
« Last post by Frank D on November 06, 2007, 08:02 PM »
I tried various PDF splitters, but couldn't find one that was both free and easy to get to work (note that I didn't say "easy to use" <g>) -- they're all easy to use but hard to get to do exactly what you want (i.e., the ones I tried all split the original PDF into single output pages and I wanted multiple pages).

Finally I found a workaround. Here it is: download and install CutePDF Writer (http://www.cutepdf.c...s/CutePDF/writer.asp). Open the long PDF document in your PDF reader (I use Foxit). Then when you want to "split" this long PDF file into a PDF of, say, 25 pages, just click on File > Print, specify CutePDF Writer as your printer and input the number of the first and last pages (like, for example, 7-31), give the new page range a name when prompted, and there you go -- your new, smaller PDF file is created. Of course you can "print" single pages if you want.

Frank D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next