Home | Blog | Software | Reviews and Features | Forum | Help | Donate | About us
topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • April 24, 2017, 12:26:11 PM
  • Proudly celebrating 10 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Have I Been Pwned? Check if your email has been compromised in a data breach  (Read 235 times)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • The Blog of Deozaan
    • Donate to Member
Have I Been Pwned is a website/service that allows you to check to see if your email address (or other info) can be found within the database(s) of various sites that have had data breaches over the years. It was mentioned earlier on this site in this thread.

But consider this a friendly reminder/suggestion to occasionally check and see which sites have mishandled your data.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Two out of three emails 'breached' -- but all ones I had heard about already.

I was freaked out lately by a spam email (of a threatening legal you havent paid this bill nature) that had my name, address, and *unlisted* telephone number. Was able to trace it back to a previous 'harmless' spam email, but I was not able to find out how they got my details. They wrote my name incorrectly (was spelled correctly) and wrote the telephone number in a slightly unusual manner. Have yet to follow up on it (not sure yet what I can do, but dont suspect I will have much success anyways).
Tom