topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:08 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Seeking autohotkey code to make input stop  (Read 7439 times)

cmori

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Seeking autohotkey code to make input stop
« on: March 16, 2014, 10:39 AM »
I use an old simple version of Autohotkey and wish someone can provide code to make this come to a stop.  Currently, it runs on, adding other stuff after, like typing "admin" from a later hotkey (shown below). Just want #j to stop at end of line.

I have this hotkey -
#j::
Sendraw http://jpegbay.com

and have tried this -
"Send, http://jpegbay.com

- yet it will not come to a stop.

How I use it: I put cursor in browser box, hit hotkey #j [meaning Winkey j] yet it fails. It will not stop right after .com.  Instead it continues to play another hotkey after it.

In case it helps to know, I have these hotkeys before and after #j 

#i::Send, z ;HOLD for later use.

#j::
Sendraw http://jpegbay.com
;Sleep, 100
;Send {enter}

#k::
Send, admin{tab} ; for FOSCAM page
Send, {enter}
Sleep 3000
Send, {tab} ;type

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Seeking autohotkey code to make input stop
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 10:43 AM »
If your hotkey is longer than one line, you must add a "Return" in order to keep it from running on.  To fix your example:

Code: Autohotkey [Select]
  1. #i::Send, z ;HOLD for later use. ; One line hotkey -- doesn't need a "Return"
  3. #j::
  4. Sendraw http://jpegbay.com
  5. ;Sleep, 100
  6. ;Send {enter}
  7. Return
  9. #k::
  10. Send, admin{tab} ; for FOSCAM page
  11. Send, {enter}
  12. Sleep 3000
  13. Send, {tab} ;type
  14. Return

cmori

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 12:23 PM »
Just put in a Return.  And it works! 

Amazing how simple, yet escaped me completely.

You the best!

Not expecting an answer for this, however, if you have one or can point me, may I ask:
Do you have a sw that will let me lock files within a folder? 

In case I did not phrase question right, take my example:
I have a folder called Fin for finance docs.  I want to keep pals doing stuff on my computer from accessing my personal financial records that I have scanned into this folder for quick access instead of rifling through stacks of paper.  I know this folder opened because it now shows a date with year 2014 and I never looked in this year.  I want that folder locked somehow, not sure how, maybe pass, maybe hidden, whatever works.  Of course I have to get in when I want without knowing a lot of code.  Just looking for easy and simple solution if one here.  I will certainly make a donation for it.  Already looked online and found some, yet seem overly complex for me.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 01:47 PM »
^ no-one else uses my main computer, so I'm not 100% sure, but would it not simply be a case of make them use a different account, and block access for other users to relevant folders (?)
Tom

cmori

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 02:39 PM »
Terrific idea and could do that, except I would have to log out or turn computer off, and right now no password needed to use computer.  So I'd have to set passwords for each guy, and they would have to remember it.  While a good idea, this method already has issues built in - they will not recall their pass.  I don't mind if they access anything else on computer and play games I paid for (messing up my scores), however I do mind them rummaging through my financial records.  So I need something that will make that folder invisible or hidden, like some windows files, or have it request a simple one step password from me.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 02:51 PM »
So I'd have to set passwords for each guy, and they would have to remember it.

If I were generous enough to let friends use my computer (which I'm not), I'd be telling them, "Tough sh!t. You either remember a simple password or you don't get to use my computer."

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 03:27 PM »
The method from Tomos is the way to though. You can make new accounts for your friends and then specify per folder or even file which users can access it.

Right-click on a file or folder and select tab security in the window that appears on screen. The content shown in this tab should not require extra explanation. If it does, you are likely going to mess things up.

Still hell bent on using one (non-admin) account for everyone? Then deny access completely for this user. This is dangerous and should not be applied to the main administrator account! Although booting from CD/USB with an O.S. that allows you to read the file-system of your hard disk will fix that quickly, it is a hassle. It also means that you need to access these files with a different account. So, going over left or going over right...the use of multiple Windows accounts will be the way to go.

Expanding on the tricky, but effective method is to create a new Windows user group, called: Restrictive access
Create a new general account that everyone needs to use
Select the file(s), folder(s) or even partition(s) and adjust the settings from tab security to 'Deny Read' and 'Deny Read & execute' for the user group Restricted access.
Then add the general account to user group Restrictive access.

Accessing your file(s)/folder(s)/partition(s) will not be possible. You can be even more bold and use setting 'Deny Full control'. Make a mistake with this and you will be reinstalling Windows, but when you do this right, you will have blocked access in a very absolute manner.

Now I already put several warnings in this post. When applying this Windows does the same, so it cannot be stretched enough, be very sure of what you are doing when using 'Deny'. In a default Windows installation Windows acts (reasonably) friendly, but when applying 'Deny' it will become an enemy before you know it. Choose your fiends wisely, your enemies even more so!

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 03:28 PM »
if it's not a folder you use often (and it's not a system folder of some sort) then a password protected archive (ZIP, 7Z, etc) would do the trick, ie move the folder into the archive and only extract it when you need it (updating the archive as needed of course)