Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 01, 2014, 06:18:11 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Note taking software and Web Services  (Read 2606 times)
KenR
Super
Blogger

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: February 14, 2007, 06:44:19 PM »

Fantastic listing of text editing for multiple topics such as basic note taking and programming.

...I started thinking about all the services I’ve used for taking notes and thought it would be a good idea to share them with you and while I’m at it, to make a list of any others that I find. Now, when it comes to note taking, I personally look for quick and simple. If I have something on my mind, I don’t want to go through some advanced system and climb a mountain just to save a note for myself. There won’t be all the note taking tools out there on my list, but ones that I feel get the job done well...

from www.stumbleupon.com

Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546
tranglos
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 05:03:09 PM »

Great find, thank you. One thing to notice though is how many of those are paid online services. Putting my notes on somebody else's server is a huge risk, so much so I don't think I want to pay for the privilege as well smiley

Does anyone recall how Hotmail deleted many users' mail archives - I mean, entirely obliterated them! - a few years ago?

I've used Google Notebook during a business trip recently, and it worked fine. Being able to access it at the office and from my hotel room was incredibly useful. But I wouldn't use it for anything sensitive or any information I could risk losing, if Google decided to pull the service one day.

On a totally unrelated note, the list is also great for watching the wasteland that the domain name system has become. With all (and I mean all) English dictionary terms and useful combination thereof registered by DNS squatters, it's incredibly hard to come up with a pronounceable and illustrative name. I mean, "subifoo"? smiley I've just spent several nights hunting for an available domain name that would fit a project I'm working on, and while I finally hit on an acceptable name, it was a really frustrating experience.

Dr-Leech

Psychedelic Coder

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 09:43:12 AM »

Oldie but nice..
Thanks KenR!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF