Well I never thought I'd ever post this online, but.... This is a recipe that I invented about 5 years or so ago. It took me many batches (experiments) to get it just right, but I finally did it. These are so good too, everyone that's ever tried them thought they'd died and gone to heaven.
My mom and dad EXPECT me to bring them a batch every time I come to visit. Geeze, talk about spoiled parents.
Anyhow, here it is:
Ken's Diet Oatmeal Cookies
1 Cup Margarine or Butter, softened (I microwave to melt.)
1 Cup Brown Sugar Substitute (Splenda)*
1 Cup Splenda Sugar Substitute
1-1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1-1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour **
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1-1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnimon
1/2 Tsp Salt (Optional)
3 Cups Oatmeal (Quick or Old Fashioned, Uncooked)
1 Cup Raisins
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy
3. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well
4. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well
5. Stir in oats and raisins, mix well
6. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. (For smaller
cookies, use rounded Tsps)
7. For softer cookies, bake 10 to 14 minutes (depending on your oven) until tops
of cookies are slightly spongy. Otherwise cook until golden brown.
8. Cool on cookie sheet.
9. Try not to eat them all in one setting......
* For Splenda Brown Sugar Blend or other brown sugars, use their conversion chart. Usually 1/2 cup of the blend.
** You can use self-rising flour (not as good) and not add the baking soda and salt.