Sorry, just saw your reply.
My job here takes me from editing html on their websites to programming the database on the PPH file server, to editing photos in CS4, to writing scripts to fix things that probably don't need fixing.
When this issue popped up, it was just in sheer desperation since they now want to change the Wi-Fi passwords on different Access points on a regular basis (not a bad idea, security wise considering employee turnover) and in some cases having to do it remotely ( Yes, this is on the off chance that one of the out-of-Towner's shows up and cannot get into the Wi-Fi) But if I can do it once on one system, export all four Wi-Fi profiles to XMLS files combine them with a loader in a batch file and load them all with one click .. THAT would save a lot of time.
I never could figure out why MS wrote that export setup the way they did and then tried to hide the fact it was there at all (tiny blue text easy to miss). When I found out it took 1 flash-drive per XML...
I should have know the "old ways" would be the answer. I never even considered it. Now I can email out the weekly update as a zipped script to all the users.
(They don't have a "real" network. Just a workgroup with 3 or 4 servers in it. I cant enforce domain controls on anyone)
Sorry for the double post, I found you there to get here. Plan on giving it a try tonight. Wonder if it still performs the same on Windows 8.
PS: I did find another way but it was Extreme to say the least. I found a utility made for Servers to deploy over a network that I had to reconfigure to work standalone. I did it one time, it worked, but would never want to have to do it weekly due to a changed password. I believe it was using the MS CMAK tool. It even lets me pre-map the network drive connections (needed if doing it to a new system)