« on: July 31, 2017, 04:53 PM »
FileLocator Pro (payware version of Agent Ransack) has a NEAR operator that works within a certain number of characters.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Text Aid Kit:
provides basic search and replace (grep) functions;
search and replace text in small, plain text ANSI files;
supports regular expressions.
in addition to Text Aid Kit's functions:
search and replace text in Microsoft Office documents;
collect text from multiple files.
surpasses the junior editions in every aspect:
search and replace in UTF-8/Unicode, MS Office files;
process files directly on an FTP server;
has a built-in text editor;
multilingual user interface;
supports scripting and automation via COM: new ActiveXObject("TextWorkbench.Application");
handles files of up to 263 bytes (8 exabytes).
New Max length of long file names?With a file name that long, who needs file contents?xplorer² now supports path with lengths of up to 32768 letters. That should cover the most verbose file organization cabinet!-IainB (March 13, 2017, 01:25 PM)
Aliette de Bodard's trilogyAliette de Bodard is one of the panellists in the 2017-03-13 edition of:-iphigenie (September 10, 2012, 02:16 AM)
BBC Radio 4 - Beyond Belief, Science FictionPodcast available from the web site above.
Science fiction has perhaps been unfairly dismissed by many critics and academics; seen by some as a niche genre, not befitting the elite group of literary works deemed to be 'high art'. While some examples ofscience fiction could be criticised for perpetuating fantasy clichés, others undoubtedly explore the biggest questions of life. Fans argue that the Sci-Fi universe allows the audience to suspend their disbelief about what is conventional, and opens up a space to explore philosophical, ethical and religious ideas in a relatable, absorbing and entertaining way. So how has religion been explored in the most influential works of science fiction? And what does science fiction have to tell us about faith and religion?
Robert Beckford discusses the role of religion in science fiction with Aliette de Bodard, a writer with an interest in the interplay between science fiction and religion; Roz Kaveney, a writer, poet and critic; and Dr Sarah Dillon, author and Cambridge academic who explores science fiction in literature and film.
Notetab - no macro as far as I can see.I should have been clearer. It doesn't have "watch my fingers, record and repeat" macros. Instead it has a macro programming language, what they call a clipbook. That is, you have to write code. In the attached screenshot, the tabs along the bottom of the editing window are some of the different clipbooks Notetab Light ships with. The narrow pane at the left is the contents of the selected clipbook. Toggle that pane on/off with F4.-dcwul62 (January 25, 2017, 08:10 AM)
After installation, looking around for macro features, then closing and relaunching, the trial period is over and one is sent to the Purchase website. ha!I wouldn't have expected that. Still, save yourself some money and try out the Light version. You can download it here. I used it for the screenshot to show it has the clipbook system, though I'm told its engine works a bit differently than Notetab Pro. Apart from the Help file, the best place to get help on the Notetab editors is the three Yahoo! Groups for beginners, clips, and scripts, of which clips is by far the most popular.-dcwul62 (January 25, 2017, 08:10 AM)
3 months is pretty insane. Unless it has very frequent updates, which would beg a different question.Upgrade price is $14.95, but note their version history, given above - it's evidently been five years since the "initial release." That presumably means the initial release from Starre Software, because they bought it from the original developer, Lincoln Beach Software, and straightaway wanted a new registration fee for no change. Whatever they've done to make it move forward, there don't seem to be any new features to encourage one to upgrade. I agree the "3 months" is bad, and they aren't consistent about it. I asked why didn't my license key work? Here's part of their reply:-wraith808 (January 18, 2017, 11:23 AM)
Your original registration information will not work with version 4, since they are for version 3.
Here is an explanation of why the codes do not work, along with the available options for you.
All of our software comes with a full year of support and free upgrades/updates.
You originally purchased the software well over a year ago.
As you might have noticed, we have upgraded our software to include many new features
and functions since your original purchase date.
Black Hole Organizer Version History Version History:
3.30 - 2/21/2012
Initial release of product.
4.00 - 1/4/2017
Version upgrade. Fixed/Corrected many internal issues, updated interface. Prepared internal structure for further updates.
Majorgeeks: 'ClickOff automatically clicks button on error messages that come up all the time.'More like automatically clicking maddeningly repetitive confirmation dialogs, e.g. this from tinyapps blog:
My first thought on this is more like: let's find where the error messages come from all the time [...]-n8wachT (December 22, 2016, 09:11 AM)
Automatically click OK (or any button) with ClickOff
While running SysClean on a heavily infected system, the following message kept popping up:
Damage Cleanup Engine (DCE)
Each time, the virus scan would not continue until OK was pressed. After several dozen times, this became rather annoying. Thankfully, the small and lightweight ClickOff made short work of this otherwise unpleasant task.
best camera in a smartphone under 250€ / 300$US appears to be the Lenovo Moto G4 Plus.The opinion of UK reviewers seems to be that the Moto G4 is not only the best budget smartphone (for a given value of "budget") but better than most mid-range phones. If you want something a bit cheaper, and physically smaller, check out its small brother, the Moto E. See e.g. this Expert Reviews roundup: Here are the best budget smartphones in 2016.-tomos (December 18, 2016, 02:01 PM)
Deal is apparently over. Price is now back to $49.99 and with no freebies.Don't worry, if you've ever had any dealings with Serif, you'll know that another special offer will be along shortly.
Oh well!-40hz (December 02, 2016, 10:40 AM)
New release of TED Notepad, version 6.1.1.beta, is available
at its homepage. See http://jsimlo.sk/notepad/ http://jsimlo.sk/notepad/ for details.
What's new in version 6.1.1:
+ Added: Support for IME composing window.
+ Added: Added support for DPI-aware scaling.
+ Added: Push Line Up and Push Line Down for moving lines around.
+ Added: Drag&Drop editing; moving text by mouse is available via both buttons.
+ Added: Setting: Auto-save Untitled documents (into the Temp path).
+ Added: Setting: Store auto-save files in the Temp path instead of current directory.
+ Added: Setting: Store backup files in the Temp path instead of current directory.
+ Added: Setting: Temp path for storing autosave and backup files to, with relative paths support.
+ Added: Setting: Create backup files with hidden attribute.
+ Added: Setting: Create multiple backup files and rotate them.
+ Added: Setting: Warn on loading binary files.
+ Added: Setting: Ignore case in quick Sort tools.
+ Added: Check for Updates and Automatic Check for updates.
+ Added: If there is a new version available, hint is displayed in the StatusBar.
+ Added: Command line parameter: /u Check for Updates.
+ Added: Command line parameter: /l Goto Line accepts negative numbers and works from the end.
+ Added: Command line parameter: /c Goto Offset accepts negative numbers and works from the end.
+ Added: Command line parameter: /s Set Selection accepts negative numbers and works from the end.
+ Added: Command line parameters: /l Goto Line and /c Goto Offset can be used together.
- Fixed: Italics fonts are no longer clipped.
- Fixed: Selection background does not clip nearby characters anymore.
- Fixed: Each tab character now enforces at least some minimum visual extent.
- Fixed: Selected end-of-line extent and visible end-of-line extent were unified.
- Fixed: When switching to another instance of the same document, no unexpected questions are asked.
- Fixed: Message about another instance takes precedence over message about lost auto-save found.
- Fixed: Document is not auto-saved if there are no modifications since last auto-save.
- Fixed: The user is now warned that it is necessary to save recovered document.
- Fixed: Auto-save file was not always removed after successful recovery.
- Fixed: Canceling Revert operation no longer removes current auto-save.
- Fixed: Chosen encoding or code page is no longer reset during Revert.
- Fixed: Overwrite flag is no longer reset during Revert or Re-open.
- Fixed: Creating a new file during loading adds such new file to Recent files.
- Fixed: Relative paths are supported for Template file and are not updated during loading.
- Fixed: Changing current encoding also changes BOM flag to reasonable default.
- Fixed: Default newlines are used upon no newlines in the loaded file.
- Fixed: Default newlines are used upon mixed newlines in the loaded file when No mixed newlines are in force.
- Fixed: Default newlines are used upon mixed newlines in the document if No mixed newlines are turned on.
- Fixed: Lists of available codepages split into categories for easier navigation.
- Fixed: Shift+BackSpace deletes previous character just like a simple BackSpace.
- Fixed: Insert Recently Inserted text was needlessly unavailable sometimes.
- Fixed: Sorted Complete Word dialog was inserting incorrect suggestions.
- Fixed: Right-click menu could appear on a wrong position upon several displays.
- Fixed: Scrolling by mouse via selecting text outside of edit window has been slowed down.
- Fixed: Message is displayed after successful replace and no further occurrences.
- Fixed: Replace tool used empty string upon undefined back-references, instead of skipping such occurrences.
- Fixed: Propper icon recovery while re-starting crashed Windows Explorer.
- Fixed: Keyboard focus was not relinquished properly upon Hide to Tray.
- Fixed: Saving widnows position and/or size and restoring them was reviewed.
- Fixed: Config INI file is only updated upon actual changes in the config data.
- Fixed: Some funky edge cases were fixed in various tools and features.
* Esc key cancels any ongoing mouse operation.
* Right-click can also be used to select text before the Right-click menu appears.
* Paste from clipboard thru Ctrl+Right-click occurs only upon releasing the button.
* Selected lines are slightly accentuated by double-drawing the text.
* ODO meter and Trip meter were added to the Utility info dialog for amusement.
* Overwrite mode menu item added to Options menu for convenience.
* Date/time glue setting moved from the Tools page to the General page.
* Warning is show in the Status Bar upon saving Unicode file with no BOM.
* Document title is always displayed in the taskbar and caption, even if also showing the full file path.
* Stay on Top is saved along with other common options in the Basic Options category.
* Newlines are now decoded in Could not find messages; with a new setting to disable this.
* Progress percentage during re-wrap has been rewritten to give a more linear user experience.
* The .reloc section was removed from executables in a hope all future Windows will accomodate.
* Executable code was moved back to the .text section where it belongs.
* Read-only data was moved back to the .rdata section where it belongs.
* Text storage engine improved to support files with truckload of lines.
* Text storage engine memory usage and general behaviour optimized.
* Edit box behaviour and other code optimized.
* Utf-8 recognition algorithm fortified.
Don't type, ted-it!
jsimlo, TED Notepad
The Form Letter Machine is a program that will help you to write letters and emails by mixing and matching from pre-written paragraphs.
It's useful for people who regularly need to send out emails which include different components in different circumstances. For example if you field technical support requests, or if you need to reply to various inquiries, etc.
Blitzdocs is the fastest and most powerful document automation and document assembly software. It helps you quickly design and generate common and specialized documents and forms for a variety of purposes, including agreements, invoices, letters, etc.
Document assembly, at the most basic level, is the creation of new, complete documents from the combination of 1) new, and 2) existing information.
Reusing existing information is more efficient than retyping the information into the computer. Although document assembly may take on many forms, it is this basic concept that makes it so appealing to law firms.
Why do I need it? To save time and money by lowering the overhead of document production and its staffing.
ClipTX 0.10 - Clipboard to file
ClipTX appends (plain) text from the clipboard to one of several predefined target files. ClipTX only acts on hotkey or mouse click (no automatic collection). The "Quick save" function (hotkey or click on system tray icon) saves the clipboard text to the default target file.
PTFB Pro Version 5
PTFB Pro Version 5 Adds Visual Triggers and Command Line Control
Posted on September 4, 2016 by Paul Roberts
PTFB Pro has just received a major update and its brought a lot of new features that our customers have been asking for, including:
1) Visual Triggers
Your macros can now fire automatically when a change is seen in a portion of the target window or the screen. It’s a huge new addition for PTFB, allowing it to react to things that we as humans can readily see (such as changes to text, graphics and color) but which previously it was unable to detect. This new trigger can be fine-tuned in a number of ways, so you can have your macros fire exactly when you need them to.
2) Greatly improved command line control for better integration with Powershell and other script shells
Ever since version 3 it’s been possible to trigger macros via the command line, but version 5 has expanded on this considerably. From the command line you can now:
Enable/Disable PTFB Pro as a whole, enable/disable a list of macros
Trigger any number of macros AND pass named parameters through to be used by v5’s newly extended macro actions
Properly synchronise command line actions thanks to the new /WAIT command line directive
3) Control the clipboard
A new “Set Clipboard” macro action has been added which lets you load literal text, the contents of text files, and even files themselves into the Windows clipboard, for use in subsequent paste operations. This action can take a command line parameter, so you can pass in clipboard content from a script or command shell such as Powershell.
4) Track when a macro was last used, and easily archive little-used macros
I’m not afraid to admit that I have mild hoarding tendencies; when I create a macro or single press for a specific job I rarely delete it. The result is that over time my copies of PTFB Pro have filled up with lots of items that were used heavily for a short time, but have layed dormant ever since. PTFB Pro dutifully loads them into memory and checks them multiple times each second to see if they’re ready to fire automatically; remove them, and PTFB Pro becomes just a little leaner and faster to respond. Version 5 now tracks the most recent usage date/time, and can use this information to disable unused items and/or move them to a specific tab.
5) Instantly test your settings on the “Identifying the Target” page
There can be a learning curve for people who are tailoring a single-press or window-based macro so that it keeps firing even when the target window changes. Version 5 takes the guesswork out of this process by adding a “View Matches” button to the target identification page; press that button, and PTFB Pro will show you exactly which windows match your settings.
I’ll take a closer look at these new features in later posts, but you can try them out yourself right now by getting your copy of v5 from our download page: http://www.ptfbpro.com/download.shtml
Note that because this is a major upgrade it’s only free to people who bought v4 on or after June 1st 2016 (about 90 days prior to the release of v5). Anyone who bought before this date can purchase an upgrade license at a 50% discount. Please visit our upgrades page for more details or just send an email to email@example.com and we’ll send you a free license / discount purchase link – whichever is appropriate.
No related posts.
Posted in How to eliminate Workflow Interruptions
What is PTFB Pro?
PTFB Pro’s focus is on dealing with the day to day irritations and interruptions to work flow experienced by Windows users. From attention craving programs that tie an operator to a computer just to 'push a button' every so often, to vital programs that crash while no one is there to notice or restart them.
A couple of mouse clicks and PTFB Pro will make sure you're never troubled by these things again.
How can PTFB Pro Help Me?
Restore a window’s size, state and position every time it opens.
Automatically respond to Windows prompts and information requests
Prevent programs / processes from running at specified times
Keep vital programs running 24/7
Restart programs periodically or when not responding
Run a macro, script or Command Line every time a specific Window, Dialog or Program opens
Automate Repetitive Tasks
PTFB Pro for Power Users
Make a window stay on top
[...]A Voyage to Arcturus by David Lindsay has been mentioned on DC before, originally by joiwind; my reply is here - Re: Science Fiction and Fantasy Reading List
Started reading them, but they weren't attractive enough (at least not for me) so I abandoned them.-panzer (September 14, 2016, 06:07 AM)