topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 12:14 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: What musical piece is this?  (Read 2506 times)

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
What musical piece is this?
« on: April 24, 2019, 06:51 AM »
I think this may be by the classical musical composer Bela Bartok. I don't know of any way of posting a sample written musical score without laboriously finding, downloading, and installing a huge music-composing software program.  :-\  So I will try just posting the notes in alphabetical form, and see if anyone has any idea who the composer is, and what the name of the Work may be.
So here goes, in simple melodic form, on which the full orchestration is based, and hope for the best.  :)
A blank space indicates a new note, \ indicates that the next note is 'down'; / indicates that it is 'up'. Single letters are quarter notes, as 'C'. Double letters, as 'CC', are half notes. 'R' is a quarter-note 'rest', 'RR' is a half-note 'rest'. '#' is a 'sharp'; 'flat' (spelled out) is a 'flat', as 'B-flat'.
I will post a full scale in the Key of C to help me choose my notes as letters more accurately:
A B C D E F G,  A B C D E F G,  A B C D E F G.
It is a fairly quick piece, not slow or languorous. Here is the first part of it.
C C C \B /D D D /E \C C C \B \G \CC /D /E /F. (repeat).
CC /D /E /F# F# /G \F# \E \DD, \CC /D /E /F# F# \E \D \B \A. (repeat) .

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: What musical piece is this?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 07:20 AM »
you can take a picture of the written score and upload it

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 12:59 PM »
You could try something like PlayScore and have Google, Shazam, SoundHound, etc try to recognise the music.

PlayScore understands all the symbols of standard music notation and can play all kinds of sheet music and scores.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 03:32 PM »
You can "humm" or sing to an online robot. Simply search for "do you know this song?"