Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 23, 2014, 04:21:29 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: What are your favorite Tech News or Science News websites?  (Read 910 times)
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 19, 2014, 06:30:23 AM »

I am looking for some new resources for the Weekly Tech/Science News Roundup and hope you guys may be able to point me to some lesser known, but good sources!

For my current list, I use the following list (Sometimes others, and not always all):

Tech News:
  • BBC.co.uk
  • Wired.co.uk
  • Endagadget.com
  • TechCrunch.com
  • TheRegister.co.uk
  • CNet.com
  • TechRadar.com - No longer used as they have become 99% about Apple and don't really feature much else...gets really boring really quickly.

Science News:
  • Iop.org
  • Sciencenews.org
  • Sciencedaily.com
  • BBC.co.uk
  • Newscientist.com
  • Sci-news.com
  • Science.nasa.gov
  • IFLScience.com

Sooo, you guys got any I can add to my radar?! cheesy - I mainly need some cool Tech News websites as I do have a fairly extensive list of Science News sites already, but...the more the merrier!

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 07:02:16 AM »

Tech:

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 06:14:00 PM »

Torrent Freak...is...awesome!  Spent WAY too long on there earlier haha

Added both to my list!  Thanks!!!

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
Edvard
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 09:49:03 PM »

CodeProject news:
http://www.codeproject.com/script/News/List.aspx

Nixcraft (for actually interesting Linux/BSD/OpenSource articles, tutorials & how-tos,  and the like):
http://www.cyberciti.biz/
... and their facebook feed is pretty cool too:
https://www.facebook.com/nixcraft

That's all I got for now...

All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy.
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 10:02:34 PM »

Cheers Eddy!  Added to my list!

rgdot
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 10:08:48 PM »

Good old Slashdot and in science, phys.org

Jibz
Developer

Cold Warrior

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 01:43:03 AM »

I often check Hacker News, mostly the comments, which are sometimes more insightful than the actual content linked.

(I use hckr news as an interface, because it shows submissions by time, so you can see what was posted since your last visit.)

"A problem, properly stated, is a problem on it's way to being solved" -Buckminster Fuller
"Multithreading is just one damn thing after, before, or simultaneous with another" -Andrei Alexandrescu
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 08:12:03 AM »

Thank you!  Added to the list!  cheesy

Joe Hone
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 09:13:08 PM »

ArsTechnica occasionally has breaking tech news. I find the site to be more interesting than some of the others listed in this thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.039s | Server load: 0.18 ]