topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 5:55 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Do you need to know more about who is tracking and online privacy?  (Read 3183 times)

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
-http://knowprivacy.org/index.html-

Some people just think that people like me  are just causing nonsense buzz here and there. I just want to remind you that some of you people give enormous power and wealth to some of those dishonest companies (by just surfing the web without protection:) for example GOOGLE. I know most people just like GOOOGLE, just cannot goto bed without GOOOGLE because GOOOGLE gives them couple bux every month via adsense or let them track updates about their name or company name searches. Well, this is a story just out of the FAUST story.

In the past we had booogie man to scare kids, well I use GOOOOGIEE man to scare my kid now. try it, it works.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Do you need to know more about who is tracking and online privacy?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 12:03 AM »
You need to remove the last '-' from the link so it'll work.

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Do you need to know more about who is tracking and online privacy?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 06:39 PM »
I understand your very valid concerns, kartal. Google took a decent step this week by creating a dashboard for users to control how much or little privacy they want to share. Dashboard is more of an info aggregator, but at least gives us insight into what information that Google has on us its databases, and gives us the opportunity to change privacy settings and to delete services we don't want anymore. However, here is what Dashboard doesn't reveal yet.

Since anyone -- if they really want to -- can follow me online and track my movements, purchases, emails, key inputs, passwords, etc., it's important I practice safe computing, but much of that starts by not using Windows to surf the web with.