REVIEWS AND AWARDS:
IF YOU LIKE THIS TOOL, SEE:
Latest Forum Posts
Find and Run Robot was my clear winnerFor this week's Freeware Frenzy, I have rounded up four of the big name launchers to see which reigns supreme.. For what Find and Run Robot lacks in an imaginative name, it makes up for in pure functionality. F&RR uses the "Break" key by default, as well as a system tray icon. I'll pause while you scan for the Break key, its ok; I needed a second to find mine as well. What sets F&RR apart from the pack is the simple yet effective suggestion box tweak. Each of the suggestions are numbered, so you don't need the mouse at all when your desired app is not the first selected. Just punch the number to launch whatever you like. Note that this applies to the numbers on the number pad, not the top row. There are a plethora of options to tweak F&RR, much more then any of the other programs here. As usual, you can add skins, new folders to index and edit hotkeys. You can also save search history to avoid common searches. Via the suggestion box, you can right click on results to create search rules, copy the shortcut path, explore the folder or check properties. This was the first of the group to load web pages without any weirdness. Of the four programs included in this roundup, Find and Run Robot was my clear winner. It simply did it all without any hiccups.
SCREENSHOT CAPTOR VERSION 4 IS NOW OFFICIAL!
Screenshot Captor is a best-in-class tool for grabbing, manipulating, annotating, and sharing screenshots. It's different from other screenshot utilities in several notable ways:
- Optimized for taking lots of screenshots with minimal intervention; stays out of your way until you need it.
- Super easy to add and edit callout arrows and text boxes.
- Easy automatic or on-demand uploading of screenshots to image hosting services; easy emailing of screenshots to your friends and colleagues.
- Take snapshots from webcams; record video with the ESR addon.
- New optional quick-capture docking bar and post-capture action dialog.
- Full set of scanner acquisition tools and scanner image correction.
- Perfect capture of Windows 7 partial transparency effects.
- The most powerful scrolling capture tool in the field.
- Great special effects, including automatic active window enhancement, ragged edge splicing, pixelation, smart text removal, and many more.
- Smart autonaming of files, easy renaming and format conversion; automatic image file versioning.
- Ability to embed textual comments in files or add attractive captions to images and printouts.
- Unsurpassed multi-monitor support and lots of capture modes: Multimon (multiple monitors), Desktop, Active Window, Region, Windows Object, Scrolling Capture. Each mode has a customizable hotkey for quick access.
- Unsurpassed support for 3rd party user configurable tools, including file browsers and image editors; extend the program to do whatever you need by interfacing it with other programs.
- Sidebar thumbnail file browser provides full shell operations, drag and drop support, and right-click actions on screenshots.
- Deluxe thumbnail maker and watermarker.