What does Google "Do No Evil" mantra really mean when it almost gave me a heart attack.
I was minding my own business this morning searching through my Gmail account when all of a sudden I had the following :
I could almost feel a seizure coming since I needed something from my Gmail urgently, certainly within the 24 hours lock down it referred to (see below)
Anyway, as one last desperate act before I visualised myself wheeled into the emergency room, I decided to just try accessing the gmail account and guess what ?
I could access the account normally.
Certainly a good reminder to regularly download my Gmail to Outlook but their message also warned about this.
Really - What gives with this Do No Evil stuff !
"Account Lockdown: Unusual Activity Detected
This account has been locked down due to unusual account activity. It may take up to 24 hours for you to regain access.
Unusual account activity includes, but is not limited to:
1. Receiving, deleting, or downloading large amounts of mail via POP in a short period of time.
2. Sending a large number of undeliverable messages (messages that bounce back).
3. Using file-sharing or file-storage software, browser extensions, or third party software that automatically logs in to your account.
4. Leaving multiple instances of your Gmail account open.
5. Browser-related issues. Please note that if you find your browser continually reloading while attempting to access your Inbox, it’s probably a browser issue, and it may be necessary to clear your browser’s cache and cookies.