Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 23, 2014, 06:10:06 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: IDEA: On screen right keyboard mouse select  (Read 1924 times)
springro
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 28, 2006, 09:09:43 AM »

IDEA: Create a quick access on-screen keyboard for right hand keys (of left hand keys for lefties).

I use my left hand on the keyboard, and my right hand on the mouse.  Any time I need to come off the mouse for the keyboard, often for just a single letter, it slows me down.  I've seen full on screen keyboards, but that's overkill for what I'm thinking about.

The application would pop-up at a hotkey.  Caps lock turn on/off would also be a good alternative.   With the hotkey, it would also be easy to  set up a mouse gesture if you something like Strokeit.

Immediately I would have thought of having a layout that looks like a std keyboard.  But second thought is that it would be less intrusive to just have a slim column list window.  First column letters, second column numbers, third column F-keys, fourth column cursor movement keys.
Then you can just click the appropriate character and have it feed to the last window/active entry field that you were in. 

I would probably still pull my hand to the keyboard to do anything more than a few letters, but often all that's needed is a single letter.

I'm having trouble deciding if this is a great idea or not, but it would be useful at times.  Thoughts?

Best,
Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.15 ]