|Application Name|| Gowser |
|Short Description|| A simple Gopher browser |
|Supported OSes|| Compiled for Windows, would probably compile on *ix though |
|Web Page|| https://bitbucket.org/tux_/gowser (currently, source only) |
- Binary: Windows.
- Source: Probably, Linux/Unix with GTK+ and Windows.
- 20171104: init. DC build, may or may not break.
'member Gopher? I 'member.Why is Gopher Still Relevant?Features
- Gowser will browse Gopher.
- Can make me procrastinate working on ymarks.
ScreenshotsNANY 2018 Release: Gowser, a Gopher browserUsageInstallation
- Support for image and sound files.
- Support for Gopher's killer feature: searches.
Unrar. Open the .exe. Enjoy.Using the Application
Enter a Gopher URL.Uninstallation
Remove the extracted .exe file.Known Issues
- Most of plain Gopher works, media files (images and sound files) don't (yet). As they rarely occur, I decided to postpone their implementation.
- The one big advantage of Gopher towards HTTP is that you can easily search it. Maybe some day Gowser will support that, but it currently does not.
- This build creates a debug log. If you experience crashes, you can send it to me or something.
- There are crashes. Sorry.