Yes, I moved over the .mcf file. But that was a long time ago, and I did a fresh install at the time. I had not modified the .ini file. However after giving permissions to every user I could think of and doing a number of reinstalls, I moved all the config files and did change the .ini to the new directory (C:\DonationCoder). That did work.
I am starting to think there is a windows problem with the handling of permissions. I am not sure when the last windows 10 update occurred. I did see other posts on the internet with the same problem, but the posts were old, and at least one occurred because the Folder permissions got mysteriously changed.
Now I am worried I will start having trouble with other Folders and applications.