I am currently working on an Anti-Procrastination/Pro-Productivity tool aimed at students.
The software bundles some (what I would consider) very useful tools for when you are doing your studies or if you are researching/note-taking.Main Screen:Notey - An anti-procrastination/pro-productivity tool for StudentsCurrent Features:
• Split-Screen Work Area for Tab-less Browser and Notepad
(Notepad comes with some basic but useful formatting features)
• Wikipedia Search Notey - An anti-procrastination/pro-productivity tool for Students
• Search for a book via ISBN/Title/Author Notey - An anti-procrastination/pro-productivity tool for Students
• Generate References/In-Text Citations (Harvard Referencing) with absolute ease! Notey - An anti-procrastination/pro-productivity tool for Students
• 20/20/20 Break Timer
- This feature will warn you after 20 minutes, to look away from the screen for 20 seconds, at an object at least 20 meters away, in order to try avoid eye strain.
• Hide Notepad
- By right clicking on the top ToolStrip (Menu Bar) you can hide the Notepad Menu - I will add a shortcut/button for this at some point.
• Show what time you opened 'Notey' (So you know how long you have been working for).
- Visible at the top of the page.
• Get total word count from the Notepad area.
- Right click in the notepad window for this option.
• Be warned before exiting if you have not saved your work.
• Current time visible on main screen
• Automatically saves Window Size, & Location
• Useful Links/Favorites Section Notey - An anti-procrastination/pro-productivity tool for StudentsPlanned Features:
• Productivity Timer
- This will time how long you have been studying for and suggest breaks for you (to avoid things like eye strain) - The times will be user defined, but will also include some pre-defined times.
• Anti-Social Networking
- This will bring up a warning (but not stop you from visiting) when you try to browse to any Social Network and try to stray you away from doing so.
I will be adding more features to the planned list soon,
and will be releasing a development preview once I iron out a small bug that is causing the browser's URL bar to show "about:blank" on some websites after loading...It doesn't really affect anything, but it is really annoying so I'd rather fix it before releasing!Download (Hosted by Mega.nz)
Download Release Date/Time: 10th Feb 2016/08:20(am)
- Bug Fix: issue loading to/saving to the Favs list.
- Path Change: No longer installs to Program Files - Opts for "My Documents" instead.
Please uninstall any previous versions of Notey before installing.
After this version I am going to start adding the build number to the application (Which for some reason I have not done until now) which will help keep a better track of whether you have the latest version.
Would love to hear what you guys think and if you have any ideas for features I could add!