topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:37 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Tutorial needed to mimic CamScanner (or upgrade ?)  (Read 4596 times)

Steak

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Tutorial needed to mimic CamScanner (or upgrade ?)
« on: July 12, 2014, 12:28 PM »
Hi guys,

Because I'm not very good at describing my problems and... not english, I will assume someone out there knows CamScanner app for Android smartphone. I use this app to scan multi pages documents on the go with the phone camera. The app does automatically detect the document in the picture, crop, resize, deskew and add it to a multi page pdf file.

Although some of it must be possible with Screenshot Captor, I have not been able to find out how.

So questions are : is it possible & how to ?

> Autocrop
>> I could not find a box to tick to get autodetection of the document

> Auto deskew rectangle
>> I ticked the box but still have to click auto deskew manually

> Auto deskew polygon
>> to avoid reflections, sometimes I have to hold the camera unparallel to the document so the result won't be restangular.  I don't know if Screenshot Captor can correct this like CamScanner does. If not it would be a nice upgrade

> Manual selection
>> for polygonal unparallel pictures or when the document could not be held flat or etc... auto detection needs to be adjusted. Again it does not seem possible to adjust the selection by moving one intersection of two sides of a polygon : SC resizes a rectangle while I need to chenge the edge of a polygon. If possible, how, otherwise a nice upgrade too.

> Merge the processed pictures in a single pdf file.
>> I guess that's possible but since I can do it with third party software I didn't try too hard. However it's not easy to find out how for a dumb like me ;-) so feel free to show me how.

Final note :
I kind of guess Screenshot Captor was not meant to be some kind of CamScanner for PC. However having glanced at all it can do as a scanner, I feel it could easily be that AS WELL... and save me and others a lot of hassle when processing a large number of files.

Regards and cheers to the developpers

Steph

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Tutorial needed to mimic CamScanner (or upgrade ?)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 12:39 PM »
First thing might be to watch the demo of SCANNER functions in Screenshot Captor:
https://www.donation...c/3ds/sc13/sc13.html

The Scanner toolbar can be used to descew and similar operations even when using Screenshot Captor to capture from a video camera (which you can do).

Screenshot Captor will also let you select a bunch of images and merge into one pdf.

Steak

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 01:32 PM »
First thing might be to watch the demo of SCANNER functions in Screenshot Captor:
https://www.donation...c/3ds/sc13/sc13.html

I saw it already. That's why I suspect SC might auto select the document... which it does not for now.

As for deskewing I'd like to be able to do it or have it automatically suggested upon opening a file.

What seems to be missing though is the ability to align sides of the doc (make them parallel)

Thanks

Steak

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 01:45 PM »
What seems to be missing though is the ability to align sides of the doc (make them parallel)
As I am unsure of how much sense my english makes, I could send a sample of what I mean (2 jpg files)
Or upload it if I remember how to : I have aa account on servimg.com

Steak

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 02:08 PM »
Screenshot Captor will also let you select a bunch of images and merge into one pdf.
As for this, is there a way I can sort the images before merging them into a pdf. I have SCed two images out of the page order and they come up ate the end of the pdf instead of by file name (matching page numbers)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 01:28 AM »
is there a way I can sort the images before merging them into a pdf.
unfortunately not :(
i know it may seem crazy that there is no way to set the order, but the pdf creation in SC is just meant for a quick and dirty operation.