topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 8:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: cyrillic font symbols are contorted when pasted into the target app's window  (Read 4629 times)

leopoldus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've tried to use Clipboard Help+Spell under English Windows 7 x64 in order to copy and paste some Cyrillic text. The behavior is quite interesting: CHS shows Cyrillic symbols correctly in the clips list and in the main window (clips manager) too. But when I paste the clip from the list into the target application's window, it puts Cyrillic symbols in some totally distorted form (a bit similar to some Eastern Asia hieroglyphs). It is well known issue, which usually points, that something is wrong with the encodings.

I've tried to paste in many different application, with or without Unicode support, plain text, HTML, RTF formats (from Notepad to LibreOffice Writer) - the result was always the same (see the screenshot).

Have you any idea, how to fix the problem?

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/751/1v2.gif
cyrillic font symbols are contorted when pasted into the target app's window

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Let me look into that -- if the clips are showing right in the grid, then it should be fixable..

leopoldus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Let me look into that -- if the clips are showing right in the grid, then it should be fixable..
Hey! Is there any progress with this issue?
Thanks!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
i'm afraid not.. im guessing that maybe the source and target window are using different character sets? does that make sense? in other words did you copy the cyrillic text from one app and paste into another?

leopoldus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
i'm afraid not.. im guessing that maybe the source and target window are using different character sets? does that make sense? in other words did you copy the cyrillic text from one app and paste into another?
Nope. I had a similar idea too, but this issue appears even when copying a text fragment inside the same window of the same app.