topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:52 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Table/S'sheet: cells can be dragged up down w/out moving rows (Exist?)  (Read 2972 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Does something like this exist ? (or would it make a good NANY idea?)

a spreasheet or table, where I can move the individual cells up or down *without* moving the row the cell is in.
e.g.
JohnFootball
MaryBaking
PierreIce skating

I'm not happy with that, so I want to drag the cell Baking up.

JohnBaking
MaryFootball
PierreIce skating

When I drag a cell upwards, it will displace the cells above it - in this example, it was dragged above [Football] - so that one moved down one cell.

Export would be nice - simply the ability to copy & paste in a spreadsheet app would cover that though.
Tom

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
When I drag a cell upwards, it will displace the cells above it - in this example, it was dragged above [Football] - so that one moved down one cell.
or,
like one of those games where there's always a blank square to move into:
Create a blank column beside the column you want to modify - cells can be moved into this blank row.
There would be no automatic displacement, the user would have to manually move everything, e.g. in the example above:

• move the [Baking] cell into empty column.
  • move the [Football] cell down
  • move the [Baking] cell into the empty cell where Football was
Tom

dr_andus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Dr Andus's toolbox
    • Donate to Member
Does something like this exist ? (or would it make a good NANY idea?)

a spreasheet or table, where I can move the individual cells up or down *without* moving the row the cell is in.

TreeSheets can do something like that but with keyboard shortcuts, not the mouse (as far as I know).

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

TreeSheets can do something like that but with keyboard shortcuts, not the mouse (as far as I know).

even better (keyboard)

Works a treat, thanks :up: :up: :up:
Tom