topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 3:43 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Simple Chat module in HTML or PHP for one page on a website  (Read 3580 times)

questorfla

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Fighting Slime all the Time
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have tried so many from the web (free chats) I have lost count.  They all have more than I need and usually link to outside sites for the chat files to be stored.  I need the whole thing to be self contained.  and I have plenty of room for it.  The comments need to be a running file that ends about 2 weeks after it starts.  I need to save that chats when I close the site.

I have enough room to add a few lines at bottom of page but due to the amount of data displayed,  I have no space to run a box down the side but I he entire bottom of page from edge to edge and about 10 lines up an down can be used for the Box.

There are maybe 10 users total who can see the page, they have to be on a list to log in and 15 is the limit.  Most users never read more than 3 or four of the reviews.  I have been asked to provide a small chat window to allow the people logged in to chat about the documents on it  

The chat would allow "Joe" to chat with "Mary" (example)"Joe:  Mary, I like John Dawson what do you think?"  Then Mary can reply.  "Mary:  not bad but I have him at number two position."
A display at top of page would be a list of all viewers showing red when not logged in and green if logged it,

This is the basic concept.  This mini-site is hosted on a Apache/php/All in one like WAMP.
I am not sure I would have much more to add.  That is all it needs to be.  I can assigned a separate SQL file if needed for the chat.
 Any suggestions appreciated.  I hope this end up being a simple java-type code that I can indert where I want it to appear on the page.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:17 AM by questorfla, Reason: spelling »