topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:50 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: request for descript.ion support of files in farr results  (Read 3117 times)

wjamoe

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mouser,

Would it be possible to show the comment for a file from the descript.ion-file during a find?

In my case the description file contains a lot of extra information about the specific file,
and therefor makes selecting the correct file even easier.
Some examples of descriptions
         old: wether the file contains an old version of a document or
         seen: wether I already finished viewing a specific videofile.

Adding the description field would require an extra column(small icons) or row(big icons) to display the info.
                  this will probably slow down the search, so displaying this data should be optional
                  Program options Display Options Report Columns e.g.
                  [ ] descript.ion

I use total commander all the time to add descript.ions using Ctrl-Z shortcut
Previously I used to rename the file which is not possible when the file is open.
TC allows me to add a description even while the file is open.

I currently also use the description properties editor of rainer @ bahr. De  at  wWw, rbahr, de
you can easily update the descript.ion within farr using Right-Click>>Properties>>Tab description

---
It would even be nicer to let farr also search in the description files, but that is probably too much of a change.
Farr needs to search inside the description file during a search instead of "only" displaying
the description-line belonging to a file from the search result (when available).
----

Regards
Wiem