topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 9:52 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Swift To-Do List 7 on Bits extended tonight (cutoff 3AM EST)  (Read 2379 times)

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Folks,

Wishing u all a good giving of thanks today.

====

Bits extended the Swift To-Do.
http://www.bitsdujou...ft-to-do-list-7-new/

I put some longish comments in the thread. Overall, I can see this being used a lot (much like ListPro became a keeper) as it is really something different than Task Coach and AbstractSpoons ToDoList.  Things like drag-and-drop, sub-tasks, and printing and notes have been implemented well, as well as a pleasant design and a multi-PC sync Beta.

The ToDo field has sort of fallen by the wayside, sometimes being an offshoot of a PIM (Time & Chaos used to give it a nice try, Essential PIM and Ultra Recall and others today).  Or a Note program.

However, it really seems to have a place as its own metaphor, with some reminder and calendar as an outgrowth.

ListPro and Swift are very different (ListPro excels in customized database-style columns, Swift excels in visuals, ease-of-use, printing etc) and I can see both having a place.  e.g. Custom lists of financial this and groupons and software serial #s and such  go to ListPro, general ToDo with priority, assignments, printing, etc. goes to Swift. A smidgen of overlap, but not that much.

Swift only works because I sort of trust that the developer is improving (granted, he was one of those who messed up on the lifetime licenses, I gather) and supporting well, although no forum.  And the alternatives of friendly ToDo are largely stagnant.

This is not an easy no-brainer, since I will go for the 3-PC pro at $45, but it gives the sense of becoming a keeper.

Steven