Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 27, 2014, 07:02:48 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Launchbars docked to specific windows  (Read 1049 times)
poyan
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 14, 2011, 07:49:25 PM »

Hi,
I donĀ“t know whether this is the right section, however, LBC might be a basis...

I already proposed to have some docks which are specific for certain programs.
http://www.donationcoder....p?action=post;topic=23567
I use a lot of little helpers, mostly self written scripts, to enhance the functionality of quite a number of programs which do not offer hotkeys for menu items which I need quite often, or some formatting needs 4 mouseklicks...
At the moment I use some docks (see above link for further information) which I change according to the actual window - by striking a hotkey, and the docks are located at the side of the screen. Thus, it is a long way for the mouse to travel to the dock and then back again, at least on a monitor of a certain size....

What IĀ“m thinking of: placing buttons in the title line of a window - of course specific for that window. If the window is activated or launched, also the extra-buttons are accessible, if the window is closed or minimized, also the buttons disappear. If the window is moved around, the buttons will move as well...  It is like a programmable command bar for every program, even if the program is not offering this feature by itself.

Thus, one would have a dock somewhere on the side, or as a popup menu, for general purposes (launching the programs, ...) and additionally program-specific docks (unlimited in number) located in the title line, or at the left or right border, whereever they do not disturb.

poyan

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.025s | Server load: 0.08 ]