topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 9:38 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IPE Template (Warning! Not Really a Template)  (Read 3730 times)

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IPE Template (Warning! Not Really a Template)
« on: February 03, 2011, 12:38 PM »
Edit: Apparently DC doesn't accept .xls files so I'll just attach the file to my blog post once I'm finished writing it.

I - Individual
P - Productivity
E - Evaluation

IPE Template Disclaimer: I'm not sharing this because I found the "solution" to getting organized. In fact, these past few months have been some of the most unproductive and disorganized days of my life. This is here because I feel I'm no longer capable of adding anything to this template and I've gotten enough benefits from this that it's worth making a topic of in the hopes that it would help someone.

1. What does IPE hope to add to your productivity?

IPE is at it's core an experiment on trying to generate the Forer Effect on an unproductive user (me being the guinea pig) and hoping to gleam some sort of productive value out of it.

Since I'm not really knowledgeable enough to know how to stress test a system or even maximize the features in a spreadsheet (since I don't really know how to use one at all) all that's included in this template are generic "feel good" tags and categories. Many sounding obvious, others directly ripped from other systems, and there's really nothing magical or unique about the contents except for the fact that they should work close to the horoscope model but in numerical form.

I plan to expand this on a blog post but all this really means is that when I tried this template, it worked for me regardless whether I forgot about it, I suddenly put random items in it and I skipped tons of days before adding anything.

Instructions:

Copy your to-do list items on any category that has the words "Tasks" above.

Put today's date on any category that has the words "Dates".

Put random numbers everywhere else that you feel matches with the category above.

P.S.

It might help if you freeze the categories for the top row (or top two row) so that you can see it as you scroll down.

Probably an obvious feature but hey, like I said, I don't really know how to work a spreadsheet so it was a notable feature to me.

In Gnumeric, this option is in view- Freeze Panes
In Google Spreadsheets, drag the lines in the upper left box of the Document

I don't really know for other programs.

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IPE Template (Warning! Not Really a Template)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 02:38 PM »
Blog Link: http://unproductive....emplate-warning-not#

Just ignore the preview and click on the small download link below the preview near the beginning of the post. It should still be a .xls file despite the preview.