A bug and some feature suggestions... - DonationCoder.com
Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 31, 2015, 10:33:42 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.
The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: A bug and some feature suggestions...  (Read 1939 times)
Posts: 1

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 15, 2010, 05:49:17 PM »

First of all -- thanks for a very good piece of software! I have been thinking about writing something like this, but before I started, I decided to check out the internet to see whether someone had already done something useful. And it seems I struck gold this time.

However, I have found one minor, but rather annoying, bug. I have not really understood exactly what is happening, but it definitely has something to do with non-ascii characters; and I don't think it should be that difficult to find it. It seems to happen for example if I have a file xxx.mp3 in two directories, and one of the directories (or the filename itself) contains one Å, Ä or Ö. When the search comes to the second file, it cannot find the first one and says so, showing a full filename where the above letters have been changed to the corresponding lowercase letter; å, ä or ö. I assume the problem is that the code that changes the case is more intelligent than the operating system, which thinks that for example å and Å are different letters.

I don't know whether I have given you enough information, but if you need more details just ask, and I will try to provide it.

So, a few a suggestions -- I have only used the program once, so I will most likely have more when I have used it for some time.

1. List genres that should NOT be included. For example, it would be nice to make sure that "Spoken" is not included; I mean, who want to know what a song is about when you are not going to hear it...

2. The algorithm for creating time limited playlists doesn't really end properly (for my library of about 17000 tracks); it always try to add another song, and if it doesn't fit in it, discards it. This usually also results in a last track much shorter than the others. I suggest two parameters that could help with this; one "tolerance", saying how big the difference would be allowed to be to consider the creation finished (90 s. for a 60 minute list would mean that everything between 58:30 and 60:00 would be considered OK), and one "Allow swaps", where the algorithm is allowed to swap the new track for one of the already selected -- I suspect that this, at least in most cases, would make it far simpler to fill those last couple of minutes in a playlist.

I understand you haven't had much time for this project for some time, but I hope you are still supporting this program.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.26 ]

Share on Facebook
submit to reddit