Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 24, 2014, 01:50:48 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: slimware: fit, or just rather thin?  (Read 1349 times)
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 31, 2011, 03:42:25 AM »

Didn't know about this company:

Quote from: SlimWare
SlimWare Utilities is a new, U.S.-based software company founded on the premise that cloud computing and crowd-sourced applications will revolutionize the performance of personal computers. Specifically, we provide consumers with downloadable software and services that clean, repair, update and optimize personal computers.

1 (2) shareware, and 3 freeware programs. First, the freebies:

SlimComputer FREE
Slim Down Your New Computer:
( http://majorgeeks.com/SlimComputer_d6626.html )

New computers come pre-loaded with promotional software, ad links, toolbars and trial offers. SlimComputer uses crowd-sourced feedback to make optimization recommendations for your computer. It removes unneeded programs, start-up entries and services and slims down your new machine to make it run fast and clean like it's supposed to.

SlimCleaner FREE - Beta
The Community-Powered Cleaner:

SlimCleaner is the world's first software that lets you clean and optimize Windows systems using a crowd-sourced approach. SlimCleaner uses aggregated-cloud feedback to recommend optimal settings for programs, start-ups and services.

SlimDrivers FREE
Automated Driver Updates:

SlimDrivers uses crowd-sourcing to spider and aggregate millions of devices. Using our cloud-based system, SlimDrivers not only detects when a driver needs updating, but also identifies the proper executable for your system and initiates the driver install automatically.

- Note: Individual Driver updates are free. The $30 Plus version called DriverUpdate allows for "Download All" and advanced automation functionality. Read more at http://www.driverupdate.net/

and the (other) shareware:

FixCleaner $ 34.94
PC Maintenance with One-Click

FixCleaner is a multi-use application for universal PC maintenance. It combines dozens of tools that work together to make a computer run faster, protect data, remove unwanted files and more! Its one-click interface lets you maintain and optimize your whole system in a way that is easier than you ever thought possible.

http://www.slimwareutilities.com/products.php

I haven't tested any of it, so I have no idea whether slim is fit or just rather thin.
 tellme

-----------------
AfterEdit:
An interesting snippet from their FAQs:

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 05:44:59 AM by Curt » Logged
sajman99
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 01:05:18 PM »

These SlimWare Utilities are some nice looking apps. It will be interesting to see if they become popular.

I took a look at the freeware SlimCleaner. Currently in beta stage I don't see anything which I need (in addition to CCleaner, AutoRuns, System Explorer etc.) I mean, nothing unique really stands out.

But the GUI is attractive and the community concept is interesting. So the potential is there. Thanks for telling. smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.031s | Server load: 0.03 ]