Home | Blog | Software | Reviews and Features | Forum | Help | Donate | About us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • November 29, 2015, 10:27:28 PM
  • Proudly celebrating 10 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: slimware: fit, or just rather thin?  (Read 1559 times)

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
slimware: fit, or just rather thin?
« on: March 31, 2011, 03:42:25 AM »
Didn't know about this company:

Quote from: SlimWare
SlimWare Utilities is a new, U.S.-based software company founded on the premise that cloud computing and crowd-sourced applications will revolutionize the performance of personal computers. Specifically, we provide consumers with downloadable software and services that clean, repair, update and optimize personal computers.

1 (2) shareware, and 3 freeware programs. First, the freebies:

SlimComputer FREE
Slim Down Your New Computer:
( http://majorgeeks.co...mComputer_d6626.html )

New computers come pre-loaded with promotional software, ad links, toolbars and trial offers. SlimComputer uses crowd-sourced feedback to make optimization recommendations for your computer. It removes unneeded programs, start-up entries and services and slims down your new machine to make it run fast and clean like it's supposed to.

SlimCleaner FREE - Beta
The Community-Powered Cleaner:

SlimCleaner is the world's first software that lets you clean and optimize Windows systems using a crowd-sourced approach. SlimCleaner uses aggregated-cloud feedback to recommend optimal settings for programs, start-ups and services.

SlimDrivers FREE
Automated Driver Updates:

SlimDrivers uses crowd-sourcing to spider and aggregate millions of devices. Using our cloud-based system, SlimDrivers not only detects when a driver needs updating, but also identifies the proper executable for your system and initiates the driver install automatically.

- Note: Individual Driver updates are free. The $30 Plus version called DriverUpdate allows for "Download All" and advanced automation functionality. Read more at http://www.driverupdate.net/

and the (other) shareware:

FixCleaner $ 34.94
PC Maintenance with One-Click

FixCleaner is a multi-use application for universal PC maintenance. It combines dozens of tools that work together to make a computer run faster, protect data, remove unwanted files and more! Its one-click interface lets you maintain and optimize your whole system in a way that is easier than you ever thought possible.

I haven't tested any of it, so I have no idea whether slim is fit or just rather thin.

An interesting snippet from their FAQs:

More Christians have been killed for their faith in the last 70 years, than in the previous 1900 years combined. Racism due to religion is now more common, than racism due to race - and no religious group around the world is persecuted more than Christians.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 05:44:59 AM by Curt »

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: slimware: fit, or just rather thin?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 01:05:18 PM »
These SlimWare Utilities are some nice looking apps. It will be interesting to see if they become popular.

I took a look at the freeware SlimCleaner. Currently in beta stage I don't see anything which I need (in addition to CCleaner, AutoRuns, System Explorer etc.) I mean, nothing unique really stands out.

But the GUI is attractive and the community concept is interesting. So the potential is there. Thanks for telling. :)