Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 20, 2014, 06:21:47 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Unlimited Energy Solution Found!  (Read 1318 times)
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 27, 2014, 04:23:25 PM »

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss

SeraphimLabs
Participant

Be Ready

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 08:39:25 PM »

Your diagram has a diesel engine in it by the way. The result is a device designed to torture the cat by rotating it at a few thousand RPM with a piece of buttered toast strapped to it.

Also it was discovered by NASA that the cat's ability to always land on its feet also applies in a microgravity environment. A cat permitted to float freely in the microgravity environment would always rotate midair such that its feet would contact first regardless of which direction it was moving. The only exception was if the cat was thrown towards a surface- in which case the cat would fail to rotate sufficiently just as what happens if you throw a cat on earth.

eleman
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 03:20:43 AM »

Unfortunately the butter would wither away gradually due to hawking radiation. Therefore the energy output is not infinite in this design.

Yeah, that's the only objection that comes to mind.
Edvard
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 04:40:56 PM »

Well... technically yes, and the cat would eventually die also, but... Any energy production system based on perpetual motion is not really expected to ALWAYS stay in motion, but simply that the energy production be at or over unity.  There would be periods of shutdown for cleaning, repair, lubrication, etc.  Replenishing the butter or replacing the cat would be matters of simple maintenance.

All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy.
x16wda
Supporting Member

what am I doing in this handbasket?

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 07:27:01 PM »

Replenishing the butter or replacing the cat would be matters of simple maintenance.

Right. Replacing a cat would be a matter of simple maintenance. No worse than giving a cat a pill, I suppose.

vi vi vi - editor of the beast
Edvard
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 08:23:30 PM »

>_<

I meant in the context of using said cat for infinite energy, which is absurd, therefore making my comment a meta-absurdity or something.  IRL I love cats and would never "simply replace" one.  All the cats I have known and taken responsibility for have held important places in my life, and I remember each one fondly.  C'mon, did you really get the idea that I only think of cats as simple replaceable utilities in fantastical free-energy-production schemes?  
I seriously hope not... ohmy

SeraphimLabs
Participant

Be Ready

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 08:46:10 PM »

>_<

I meant in the context of using said cat for infinite energy, which is absurd, therefore making my comment a meta-absurdity or something.  IRL I love cats and would never "simply replace" one.  All the cats I have known and taken responsibility for have held important places in my life, and I remember each one fondly.  C'mon, did you really get the idea that I only think of cats as simple replaceable utilities in fantastical free-energy-production schemes? 
I seriously hope not... ohmy

Use strays as the spare parts source instead of house pets.

Doesn't make it any more humane, but at least there would be plenty of them available.

However, that means it is not a perpetual motion after all. It would consume cats bread and butter as fuel, as all three organic components would require regular replacement.
x16wda
Supporting Member

what am I doing in this handbasket?

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 05:41:31 AM »

I seriously hope not...

Sorry - I shoulda added the  Grin to my comment!  Having a cat who needs regular application of an ointment, I just know how easy to work with they are as a species...  tongue

vi vi vi - editor of the beast
MilesAhead

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 08:08:54 AM »

However, that means it is not a perpetual motion after all. It would consume cats bread and butter as fuel, as all three organic components would require regular replacement.

In that case it would be a per-pet-ual motion machine.  Only so many revolutions per pet.  Also it always pays to know which side your bread is buttered on.  smiley
Then again a butter substitute may increase margarinal efficiency.

"Genius is not knowing you can't do it that way."
- MilesAhead
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 08:13:57 AM »

At first, I wondered why this was its own thread instead of in silly humor.  Now... I wonder at why it's still getting debated?  huh  tellme Grin

MilesAhead

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 09:31:37 AM »

At first, I wondered why this was its own thread instead of in silly humor.  Now... I wonder at why it's still getting debated?  huh  tellme Grin

One could say the thread is cat-ass-trophic.  Replete with half-baked puns.  smiley

- MilesAhead
Edvard
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 07:53:26 PM »

But it would still produce energy over unity which means it would produce more power than was put in.  Take the total caloric value of your average house cat + slice of buttered bread, and as long as the energy output was more, it still counts as perpetual motion.

In that case it would be a per-pet-ual motion machine.
Face.
Palm.

Sorry - I shoulda added the  Grin to my comment!  Having a cat who needs regular application of an ointment, I just know how easy to work with they are as a species...  tongue

Grin Grin Grin

4wd
Supporting Member

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 01:40:45 AM »

I always thought that a better solution than the cat/toast rotor would be three cats strapped back-to-back in a star configuration.

I guess you could call it the three polecat configuration.

I do not need to control my anger ... people just need to stop pissing me off!
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 04:59:05 AM »

Apparently, new (and secret) work is being done on this in Somalia. Capital is available there for what is considered a moggied issue.

Chris
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2014, 05:01:04 AM »

Apparently, new (and secret) work is being done on this in Somalia. Capital is available there for what is considered a moggied issue.

Is is bad that I missed your posts? lol

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss

MilesAhead

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 07:52:11 AM »

I always thought that a better solution than the cat/toast rotor would be three cats strapped back-to-back in a star configuration.

I guess you could call it the three polecat configuration.

Spare parts are readily available.  Just consult the cat-a-log.  smiley

- MilesAhead
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2014, 08:24:13 PM »

Spare parts are readily available.  Just consult the cat-a-log.
So, to get things going, just give your cat a list.

Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.052s | Server load: 0.08 ]