Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 27, 2014, 11:17:55 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: FarSubScript : Google Translate.  (Read 2026 times)
verszipo

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 27, 2013, 05:55:26 AM »

Since CZB's Google Translate script doesn't work anymore (because of the Google Api changes) I thought I'd make a script that loads the GoogleTranslate page in FARR with a given word.

So, here's my first attempt at it, I've used the NinjaWords script as a starting point :

Usage :
gt source_language destination_language word <space>
or
gt source_language destination_language word <enter>

source_language can be "auto" and then Google Translate will try to detect what language it is from.

There are still some bugs in it, the most notable ones are :
- you need to press space after the word (pressing Enter doesn't do the translation)
- doesn't support multiple word translation
- sometimes the page loads without the word(s), if you delete the space and add it again then it loads correctly
- after pressing Enter at the end of the search string FARR looses focus and the editbox from GoogleTranslate page gets the focus

Note : this script requires FarSubScript, make sure you have it installed and working in FARR.

Install :
extract the content of the archive into a subfolder under the Scripts folder of FARR (for example : plugins\GoogleTranslate) and either write "goreload" in FARR (this will reload all plugins) or restart FARR.

If anybody wants to improve the script feel free to do so.

Update : now supports multiple texts in one line and you can either press space or enter after the word(s) that you want to translate.

* GoogleTrans.zip (2.52 KB - downloaded 90 times.)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 08:23:00 AM by verszipo » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 05:10:12 PM »

Thanks for sharing this!  Thmbsup
IT_Fan
Participant

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 04:59:46 PM »

Doesn't work any more, got "error: No translation found..."  Sad
verszipo

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 11:12:40 AM »

Strange, for me it still works correctly, i usually test it with "gt en fr wolf " and it displays correctly (in case you didn't figure it, I love wolfs Wink )

Could you write what version of FARR and SubScript you have ?

I for one have FARR 2.213.01 (portable) and FSubScript 1.10 and am running Win8 64 and Win8.1 64.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.054s | Server load: 0.12 ]