NOTE: Get the latest version of Count-as-you-type here
Due to virus false alarm on compiled Autohotkey scripts. i'm going to recompile the script and will post them later. in the meantime, i'm going to remove the download links temporarily.
i seem to have too much time on hand so i came up with this AHK script.. there is a list of changes below. Count-as-you-type v1.36
• display number of characters typed.
• needs Autohotkey
for the AHK script. there is a compiled EXE as well.Changes:• name change.
• added tray-balloon notification when exceeding max character.
• auto-appear when OE compose window is active.
• launch GUI by double-clicking tray-icon.
• 'Close to Tray' button closes with text kept in memory (no re-typing).
• Added gui for configuration.
• Changed window detection from AHK Class to WinTitle (see note below).
• Added Nod's code for GUI changes. (Thanks, dude!)
• GUI closes when existing compose window is closed.
• Escape key now works the same as 'Send to Tray'.
• Minor fix: Settings for email app wasn't being saved.
Note: After recognizing the difficulties in supporting more than the three pre-defined email apps, i've added the 'Quick-Send' feature where you can use this script as a stand-alone tool. Basically, type your message then click on the 'Send' button and your default email app will be opened with the message in its compose window. To use this, check the 'Quick-Send' and your 'Copy' button will morph into 'Send' button. MainConfig
Count-as-you-type-v136.ahk (7.93 kB - downloaded 788 times.) Count-as-you-type-v136.exe (237.26 kB - downloaded 632 times.)