Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 30, 2014, 10:25:39 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - DcUpdater - 1.30.01 - Apr 4, 2012  (Read 47477 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2010, 02:45:57 AM »

just means i uploaded a slightly newer version of farr without updating the file on the website saying the new version is available.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2010, 07:47:05 PM »

Version 1.28.01 - Oct 8th, 2010
  • [BugFix] The extra list of directories to include or exclude was being parsed incorrectly if entries were // commented out
  • [MinorFeature] The extra list of directories to include/exclude now skips ignoring a specific directory if passed on the commandline.
kronhead
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2010, 01:24:05 PM »

A short while back, I got an update notice for dcupdater - I downloaded and installed USING dcupdater - I still get the message, saying I need to upgrade from 1.26.01 to 1.28.01 - but when I do Help - About, it says I am running 1.28.02! I just did a new download and install - same version situation.

The dcupdatersetup.exe that I downloaded is 2,121,728 bytes. dcupdater.exe is 3,004,416, and does show an internal version # of 1.28.2.0, modified on 10/10/10 at 7:15PM.

Did I get a bad version somehow?

Thanks
Dan
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2010, 01:34:22 PM »

you dont have a bad version, just me being a bit sloppy with version numbers.  however i think if you re-install the new update it should say you have version 1.28.01 and stop offering an update (even though you really have 1.28.02).  it shouldnt say you have 1.26.01 if you get new version.
kronhead
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2010, 03:21:12 PM »

you dont have a bad version, just me being a bit sloppy with version numbers.  however i think if you re-install the new update it should say you have version 1.28.01 and stop offering an update (even though you really have 1.28.02).  it shouldnt say you have 1.26.01 if you get new version.

Still no luck. I tried a fresh download and install. Same thing. So I un-installed dcupdater, renamed:
C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\DonationCoder\DcUpdater
to
C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\DonationCoder\DcUpdater-old
and
C:\Program Files\DcUpdater
to
C:\Program Files\DcUpdater-old
then did another fresh download (to a different name) and install - STILL got the same thing! It says installed version 1.26.01, version on the web 1.28.01. Help - About says I am running 1.28.02. As does looking at the Program Properties - Details.

There is a directory
C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\DonationCoder\Keys
which I did not rename ...

Any directories or registry keys I should clean up?

Sorry about this, and thanks for your help.
Dan
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2012, 01:39:30 AM »

Version 1.30.01 - April 4th, 2012
  • [BugFix] Fixed bug where virtualstore location was being written to, causing dcupdater to report old versions of installed programs sometimes; see http://www.donationcoder..../index.php?topic=30528.0; thanks to dc member sba
  • [Feature] Added the following optional parameters to versioninfo.xml files:Override_VersionFileRemote,Override_WebPage,Override_UpdateFile.  Using these you can effectively have the versioninfo.xml file overide some values of the local .dcupdate file or even redirect to an alternative versioninfo file.
  • [Feature] Executable and setup now digitally signed and not zip-compatible
justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2012, 02:36:39 AM »

Thanks for the update, mouser. What do you mean with not zip-compatible?

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2012, 02:44:50 AM »

In the past I created all my setup files as zip-compatible self-extracting packages.  This had the advantage of making it possible for someone to download the setup file and instead of running it, simply unpacking it for portable use.

However, this had a few drawbacks including not being able to sign the setup program and possibly causing some downloads to fail midway.

So with all my new releases I am providing them as 2 separate downloads -- a main setup program which is no longer "zip-compatible" but is digitally signed for security, and a second Portable.zip version which is a normal standard zip file that can be unpacked for portable use.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.031s | Server load: 0.14 ]