topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 7:11 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Using Tidy in UltraEdit 13.00a?  (Read 3359 times)

moerl

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Using Tidy in UltraEdit 13.00a?
« on: April 29, 2007, 05:09 PM »
This is a cross-post from the IDM UE forums.. but when I saw the last post date in the Tidy forum over there, which is some time in 2006 (!), I decided to put that stuff here too, in the hopes that someone here may be able to help. Here goes:

I'm very new to learning XHTML with CSS and using the "Head First XHTML with CSS" book to do so. It's fun and I've been following along nicely. I've gone through about half of the book now.
I now know how to use the official W3C validator service (http://validator.w3.org/) and now I'm wondering how I could use Tidy from inside UE to speed things up even more.
First off, I know about the Tidy toolbar button at the bottom (5th from the right). Using that seems to work just fine.. I just want to know what version of Tidy my UE is using? And how can I update Tidy to the very latest version?
Further, is there a good explanation page for the options anywhere? Since I'm new to all this, I don't really know what all the options are doing and what I should be enabling/disabling.

Thanks!

PS
Is it smart to limit myself to learning how to use Tidy in UE specifically? What if I switch editors tomorrow? What's the best way to use Tidy independently of what editor I'm using? Tidy support in UE currently isn't the best either.. I don't know how to update Tidy in UE. Apparently TextPad does it automatically for you or has a Tidy updater built-in, but I'm using UE now, so that doesn't help me. Any tips are appreciated. Thanks!